babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Towing with the Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would an SD4 Evoque be capable of towing a pair of rather heavy jet skis? They each weigh about 350 kg or so, maybe more I can't really remember now. I usually go to a lake in the mountains to use them and the current car I use for towing is a Toyota Land Cruiser, which has absolutely no issues towing the two jet skis on a trailer on rather steep mountain roads. However my Toyota has a 3 liter diesel engine, compared to the 2.2 engine in the Evoque. Do you think the Evoque would be capable of doing the same ? If I get the Evoque I will be selling my Toyota which is my current winter and towing vehicle.
Yes....in the manual it states the towing capacity is 750 kg with an unbraked trailer and 1800kg using a trailer with over-run brakes.
edit - you beat me by about 10 secs spiderman!
Thanks for the lightning fast replies Laughing

I have one more question though. Do you know what is the maximum water depth the Evoque can pass through safely?
Yes wading depth is 50cms, same as a Defender, the Evqoue's intake is at the level of the top of the wing, just under the clamshell bonnet lip. The "vents" on the wings are dummies
(12-10-2011 12:39am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]edit - you beat me by about 10 secs spiderman!

You snooze, you loose Tim Laughing
(12-10-2011 12:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes wading depth is 50cms, same as a Defender, the Evqoue's intake is at the level of the top of the wing, just under the clamshell bonnet lip. The "vents" on the wings are dummies

Thank you very much! Helpful as always Tim Very Happy
(12-10-2011 12:51am)ameer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2011 12:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes wading depth is 50cms, same as a Defender, the Evqoue's intake is at the level of the top of the wing, just under the clamshell bonnet lip. The "vents" on the wings are dummies

Now that's just plain favouritism Very Happy
(12-10-2011 01:20am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2011 12:51am)ameer Wrote: [ -> ]

That's just plain favouritism Very Happy

LaughingLaughing

I didn't mean to thank just Tim, it just slipped my mind. So I hereby present you with my most sincere thanks and apologies for skipping you.
Now that's so much better, I can go to sleep now Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's