babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How to handover the payment......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title suggests how are/have you paid......cheque,bank transfer,chaps,bacs,cash + either of the above on the day of collection?

The reason I ask is say my car is ready to collect friday,I really dont want to slide £45kish into LR account before I have even seen my car!!

Advise welcome please....Very Happy
Last time I used a Debit Card. Had to answer some security questions from the Bank before they approved the transaction - which I could have avoided by telling them in advance what I was doing. If I recall correctly, Dealer was happy to accept Debit Card, cash, BACS, Bankers Order. Seem to think cheques have to clear in advance before they will release vehicle.
Pretty sure they won't accept more than £10k in cash because of Money Laundering rules.
Debit card at dealer after seeing vehicle. Bought out last 3 new vehicles this way, all in the £20-30k range for final payment. On one of them the £28k went through with no additional security checks apart from the PIN but the dealer had forgotten to include a £200 accessory on the bill. When that then went through, telephone verbal confirmation was required!
Debit card on the day, after seeing the car. My own bank can be a pain with all the security questions but I suppose I'd be annoyed if someone stole my money. Personally, I wouldn't consider paying before I'd seen the car because mistakes can happen.
Debit card on the day after you've checked the vehicle, but phone your bank a few days in advance to avoid any issues, last thing you want is further delay!
The dealer won't accept £10k+ in cash on the day because that's the law - the anti money laundering law. So if you don't want to pay any banking charges it has to be the debit card. FYI I did a CHAPs payment and had an extra £25 payment to make to the bank, which they then got wrong and I got charged it twice! Not a hassle as the dealer refunded that as it showed as an overpayment on the sum transferred and at the end of the day the bank waived the fee for their mistake
Why the £25 charge?
Most Dealers will happily accept debit cards, be sure to phone your bank in advance, tell them who you are paying, what day & how much and the payment should sail through without any delays.
(11-10-2011 12:02am)Tekno Wrote: [ -> ]Why the £25 charge?
Because they have to process it manually and there is an inter bank charge for doing it.
Debit card for me. Did it three times that way. Once I paid for the car, went through no problem as I had phoned the bank to tell them. Then I went to fill it up and spent 5mins going through security questions for a £30 top up!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's