babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 825w Meridian and Android- plus other tech questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok - So I would guess that I'm not alone in that I have an Android phone, and not an iSheep (er, iPhone) and would like to know what the options are for both connecting the phone with Bluetooth, both to the stereo for A2DP Bluetooth music streaming and handsfree telephone. So, I have the following questions:

1. Is it better to connect via usb cable for android phones since USB would also charge the phone as well as read the music files from the device as a USB drive, and therefore, now downsampling for Bluetooth's capped data rate for audio?

2. Are there iPhone-like adapters that would convert the iPhone adapter to something that can tether an Android device?

3. Will the disc player, which supports DVD, be able to play mp3's from a burned DVD-R as a data disc?

4. Is there enough power on the USB ports to actually mount and read from a USB hard drive?

5. Is there ample space for a thumb-drive by the usb port? Is there any limitation to the size of drive?

6. I've read people's speculation of how the stereo reads mp3's from a usb stick, being as a flat file system with no grouped folders. This would pretty much make using USB flash drives a worthless option, since putting about 2 dozen albums on the drive, would mean having a few hundred tracks listed in one gigantic list, that you'd need to scroll through. Please tell me that folders are nested just as tho you were reading from a PC.

7. I really am looking forward to the split screen feature of the screen and it's media playback features. My question is, has anyone been able to try video playback on the main screen? If so, was it from a physical source disc, or was it a file on a drive? How was the experience overall?

8. Has anyone been able to compare the two Meridian systems available? I'd like to know if there is a discernible difference between the two, or is the 825w system just louder?

9. Can anyone show a picture of the puddle light that's projected from the mirrors when you disarm the car at night?

Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly respond. I'm so excited to get my Evoque in December, when it arrives here in The States.

Jesse
(08-10-2011 05:49am)jessenj Wrote: [ -> ]Ok - So I would guess that I'm not alone in that I have an Android phone, and not an iSheep (er, iPhone) and would like to know what the options are for both connecting the phone with Bluetooth, both to the stereo for A2DP Bluetooth music streaming and handsfree telephone. So, I have the following questions:

1. Is it better to connect via usb cable for android phones since USB would also charge the phone as well as read the music files from the device as a USB drive, and therefore, now downsampling for Bluetooth's capped data rate for audio?

2. Are there iPhone-like adapters that would convert the iPhone adapter to something that can tether an Android device?

3. Will the disc player, which supports DVD, be able to play mp3's from a burned DVD-R as a data disc?

4. Is there enough power on the USB ports to actually mount and read from a USB hard drive?

5. Is there ample space for a thumb-drive by the usb port? Is there any limitation to the size of drive?

6. I've read people's speculation of how the stereo reads mp3's from a usb stick, being as a flat file system with no grouped folders. This would pretty much make using USB flash drives a worthless option, since putting about 2 dozen albums on the drive, would mean having a few hundred tracks listed in one gigantic list, that you'd need to scroll through. Please tell me that folders are nested just as tho you were reading from a PC.

7. I really am looking forward to the split screen feature of the screen and it's media playback features. My question is, has anyone been able to try video playback on the main screen? If so, was it from a physical source disc, or was it a file on a drive? How was the experience overall?

8. Has anyone been able to compare the two Meridian systems available? I'd like to know if there is a discernible difference between the two, or is the 825w system just louder?

9. Can anyone show a picture of the puddle light that's projected from the mirrors when you disarm the car at night?

Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly respond. I'm so excited to get my Evoque in December, when it arrives here in The States.

Jesse
This might help
You can find out about which phones are compatible and how to connect them and how much connectivity they have on the Land Rover UK website at http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/owners.../overview/

It asks for a VIN but there is an option for if you have no VIN, if you want to send me a PM with the make & model of you phone I will look and see if I can print it out for you

The difference between the two Meridan systems is that the 825w one is "surround sound" AFAIK the lower powered one is not, it is "stereo"
I'm not sure your Android os will work well in the iEvoque!
You need an iSheep for your iEvoque you see Wink
Sometimes popularity really boils down to product superiority.
I don't know where this Isheep comes from when Android phones well out sell IPhones.. Seems we should have Irobot Laughing
Looking forward to my 4S, I expect it will work fine in the RRE.
Re point 6, surely that's just a software update?! (meridian, please take note!)
Puddle lights - Spiderman has posted a photo in this post if you scroll down the page, it,s the first photo in the attachments http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-5...k-interior
When I had my testdrive I took with me my USB stick which I loaded in advance with quite a few albums... I was playing around and found that it is possible to navigate through the folders and all the tracks are not in 1 big list. (related to point 6)
(08-10-2011 11:20pm)paulelescoces Wrote: [ -> ]When I had my testdrive I took with me my USB stick which I loaded in advance with quite a few albums... I was playing around and found that it is possible to navigate through the folders and all the tracks are not in 1 big list. (related to point 6)

That's good to hear. Thx.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's