babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 300 hp Evoque in the works!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticl...rs/259468/

According to this article a 300 hp version of the 2.0 litre turbocharged engine is coming. Personally I think it's awesome, as the current engines offered might not be to everyone's tastes or requirements.
Yep, I can confirm this after attending a focus group for the next gen RRS. They accidentally showed a slide showing the Evoque RS to directly compete with the forthcoming Porsche Cajun.
Good to hear, any idea on timescales? 300bhp from a 2 litre engine is going some, 150 bhp/litre, my 911 turbo "only" manages 130 bhp/litre from its 3.8 litres.

I expect they would have to bore and stroke it.
There is rumoured to be another Focus RS/ Cosworth Focus in development with this engine and no 4WD but a similar diff system as the last Focus RS, which seemed to handle it's power rather well for a front driver.
(07-10-2011 01:42pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear, any idea on timescales? 300bhp from a 2 litre engine is going some, 150 bhp/litre, my 911 turbo "only" manages 130 bhp/litre from its 3.8 litres.

I expect they would have to bore and stroke it.

The new BMW 528i has their latest 1996cc twin turbo petrol engine, which only produces 245bhp/350Nm torque, but it does 37.2 mpg compared with the Si4's 32.5. It will be interesting to see the 300bhp figures.
(07-10-2011 01:35pm)DDX Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I can confirm this after attending a focus group for the next gen RRS. They accidentally showed a slide showing the Evoque RS to directly compete with the forthcoming Porsche Cajun.

how do u get on trhe focus groupos??
well this sucks lol. Now i wanna wait and just order the new one
lol
kinda know where u r coming from.....
(07-10-2011 04:17pm)vcruiser Wrote: [ -> ]well this sucks lol. Now i wanna wait and just order the new one

Looks promising. As soon as LR announce a 300bhp Si4 manual Prestige I will put down my deposit!
Same here, defo gonna wait on this new engine to get out to put on my Evoque's order, now along an 8 speed gearbox and gonna be my total awesome car Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's