babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: So I saw the different leather swatches.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My dealer has just received the book of leather swatches (and trim finishes), so I wandered down for a look. I've been a bit concerned about the Dynamic leather and dash topper vs the Prestige.

I must say, based on the samples, I may actually prefer the perforated leather. The Oxford leather looked nice, but perhaps a little plain (I'm going black so all bets are off if you're going for a lighter colour). I think it would wear better too, but not at the expense of looks.

The dash topper material looked pretty close too. It IS different to the leather, with a very slight texture, but it's quite cool. I suspect from the driver's seat you wouldn't notice. Really it's a non-issue for me now.... and I have really been a bit negative about it until now.

The sales guy showed me what he thought was close to each kind on showroom cars (Discovery / FFRR) and the perforated looked more interesting. Sure it's not as soft, and the grain is bigger, but I actually liked it.

So, for what it's worth to anyone else who was worried about this, from someone who really was hesitant about the Dynamic finish, I think it'll be good. Not just fine, or good enough, but good.
thanks memota...which dealer did you see?
(07-10-2011 05:51am)gead Wrote: [ -> ]thanks memota...which dealer did you see?

Malvern. They'd just had it all delivered that day.
cool, might see if my dealer has got it...not that i can change it now anyway...
(07-10-2011 05:55am)gead Wrote: [ -> ]cool, might see if my dealer has got it...not that i can change it now anyway...

True but worth a look.

They really talked me out of the lighter finishes, so I'm probably going with what you have (but prob petrol)
I won't try to get you all undecided again, but I've seen the book as well and such small samples don't do justice to the actual quality. Sure they all look very good in the book, but in reality, with bigger surfaces, the true difference becomes noticeable. None of them are bad quality of course, not at all, but especially the dashboard of a Dynamic is not nearly as nice as the one in a Prestige.
As a LR client who has now ordered 3 Dynamic Evoques I confirm that the recycled material used on the dashboard looks great in black, in fact it looks very much like suede & offers a nice contrast to the interior. I agree that the Perforated Leather in the Dynamic looks best, it will be much harder wearing and less likely to sagging also.

Enjoy your toys, they are great cars!
It wasn't the textured stuff on this post, with the wavy lines in it. Was much smoother.

Is this what you were thinking?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-o...56#pid1556

Or not?
(07-10-2011 09:57am)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]As a LR client who has now ordered 3 Dynamic Evoques I confirm that the recycled material used on the dashboard looks great in black, in fact it looks very much like suede & offers a nice contrast to the interior. I agree that the Perforated Leather in the Dynamic looks best, it will be much harder wearing and less likely to sagging also.

Enjoy your toys, they are great cars!

Spiderman, have you since seen the leather in the Prestige in the flesh out of interest?
I only saw the leather in the prestige compared to the dynamic the other day for the first time, and for me the leather in the prestige looked nicer, and it looked like it would handle the job just as well as the dynamic if not better.

but view aspect is alway personal, as for wear and tear only time will tell.

in fact while we are talking about leather, does any one have any thoughts on how they will be keeping it clean. which product etc.
i already know to steer well clear of baby wipes, and maybe just using damp cloths at time to keep it hydrated is better. any ideas?
I agree totally with memota,perforated "looks" better imho.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's