babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Factory Tour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

God I'm excited!!!! I have ordered my Evoque, due for build Dec, but couldn't wait, so I booked to have a factory tour with the Land Rover Experience Team at Halewood.

What can I say but superb!! The factory is amazing, from start to finish. Great to see all the new Evoques, colours, styles etc. I went out with a couple that had traveled all the way over from Austraila to see the factory, their build date was Jan 2012, quite a trip but it confirmed all their thoughts, how they are going to wait till March for delivery I don't know???? The guys and girls there were most friendly and knew lots about the cars.

I had a demonstration drive afterwards around their track, the obstacles are very technically challenging, more than other experiences I have been on before. Sadly I was not in an Evoque though, they are awaiting their delivery too, LR meeting the customer demand before the internal requirments apparantly. Soon as they have I'm going back!!!

If you ain't been, get there, thats all I can say!

Evo L538
That Australian couple you went with might also be members of the forum - EVOQUE U was also going to the factory recently during a visit to the UK
Hi Evo L538,

We visited the factory last wednesday and had the best time, our order also has been placed for Jan 2012 build with march delivery, how funny is it that you did your tour with another couple from Aus with the same build and delivery date as us.

It's great that you had a great time as we did at the factory, staff were so friendly, helpful and made it a most memorable experience. It still blows me away seeing each car going through the build process, seeing our exact order sitting on the factory floor and opening the door and seeing the interior in person was great. We have not seen the Evoque in person until this trip only in pictures on the net
(03-10-2011 03:23pm)Evo L538 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a demonstration drive afterwards around their track, the obstacles are very technically challenging, more than other experiences I have been on before. Sadly I was not in an Evoque though, they are awaiting their delivery too, LR meeting the customer demand before the internal requirments apparantly. Soon as they have I'm going back!!!

Evo L538

Might be worth checking some of the other LRE Centres, some of them have certainly got Evoque's already.
Ref Land Rover Experience Day -
We - My Wife and I will be driving an SD4 auto on Wednesday for a half day experience at Wessington Farm in Devon.
Arranged through LRE and the voucher included in our goodie bag given to us on Launch Night.-
PS on order -5 door Dynamic SD4 in Fuji with Pursuit internals - only extra I thought I needed was Pan roof.- Delivery end of Dec. 2011
Rgds QUATTROMANTongue Out
Reference URL's