babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A much harder decision than I expected !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I read all the reviews , got the brochure , got the iPad app, chose my spec and yesterday drove a 214 mile round trip to Inverness to drive the evoque . On first impressions I wasn't bowled over by the look of the prestige in Orkney grey in the showroom , it was smaller than I expected but it was the dynamic I wanted so pressed ahead , wife and kids loved it anyway. Then got the keys of a 5 door sd4 auto for a 1 hour test drive . I must admit the evoque is a brilliant drive , bit slow on the lift off but I'd just stepped out of my Supercharged S5 sportback so my wife also put me straight on that one . The ride and handling were first class , none of the body roll I was expecting . Anyway , I loved the car but enough to part with my year old S5 and hand over another 11k in the process , I don't know . At the end of the day I'll probably go for the car as it's exactly what my wife wants but does it really live up to all the hype , I'm not sure. There are obviously many people at the moment who are willing to pay the extra for exclusivity hence the long order books. On a final point I can fully recommend Macrae and dick land rover in inverness , the showroom was full of people and we were never rushed by the salesman when he was obviously under pressure . I wouldn't buy a dust cap off my local dealer in Aberdeen hence the journey to Inverness.
Have only ever heard good things about Macrae and Dick - and yes quite a few FFRR and RRS owners travel to them for servicing and sales rather than use T&C............... it's a long haul but if the local dealer isn't giving the service then you have no option to use the next nearest
Great to hear theres another good one out there!
Reference URL's