babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dual Screen Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there i am very tempted at adding this to my order but just wanted to find out from people who may have this as an option & how it works etc. I don't really want the TV option but to play movies whilst driving for passengers may be an option i fancy going with!

I presume that passengers can watch a movie etc while the driver sees the Sat Nav but i take it the driver will hear the movie so what happens to the Sat Nav instructions do they overide the movie?

2. I think i am right in thinking we get a pair of wireless headphones if this option is picked but does the stereo come with a headphone jack at all?

I also dont want to put back my order of the evoque so slightly worried if i add this option it may change my delivery date.

Thanks
You're right - the passenger can watch a DVD or TV and the driver can see the sat nav on the same screen. If you do not turn on the wireless headphones, then the driver will her the audio from DVD or TV. If the passenger wears the headphones the audio to the speakers is muted. This means the driver can listen to the radio while the passenger entertains him/her self.
The sat nav voice instructions override audio from the speakers.
Hope this helps.
ANTVery Happy
Sounds good.

So the Dynamic comes with a DVD drive as well as a USB drive correct?

Can the driver listen to a streaming IPhone whilst the passenger watches a film? Or is it just radio.

I am not really interested in the TV bit just movies really so I don't have to get the TV bit & Dual Screen together do I?

Also does the stereo have a headphone jack or does it have to be wireless headphones?

I am tempted but I am pushing my limit for this car already!
Think the best bet is to go to my dealers & see it in action to see exactly what it can do!
Just a couple of extra questions!

If the TV options was specced what channels are available?

Can I stream a video source from my IPad to the screen?
a) All digital and analogue terrestrial channels that are not subscription can be received.
b) Not if they are stored in Apple's strange format for iTunes, but the more common formats can be viewed using an iPod cable connection via the socket in the centre cubby box
(30-09-2011 11:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]a) All digital and analogue terrestrial channels that are not subscription can be received.
b) Not if they are stored in Apple's strange format for iTunes, but the more common formats can be viewed using an iPod cable connection via the socket in the centre cubby box

Is it worth me spending £600 for the dual view? Not too bothered about the TV bit
How much value do you put on providing entertainment for your passenger?
Does Your Post Code TV license, cover you to view the channels i wonder?
Your car is also registered to the same postcode? I don't have a TV in the house yet I have to have a TV licence to watch BBC iPlayer and other online TV channels so I'm still covered for the car.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's