babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How long should it take to get a build date from your dealer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Question as per thread.

I ask because I placed my order on 12 Sept and paid my deposit. The order form quotes an "Estimated" delivery date of 1/1/2012 and I was told that they would know more in 10 days.

To date I've not had a firm build date confirmed, should it take this long? I've contacted the dealer and they just keep telling me "no news".
A lot will depend on how many build slots your dealer has been assigned and what LR reckons that dealer's target sales should be. It could be that the dealer you placed your order with has no build slots available until the end of the year. Phone around and see if any other dealers have a slot sooner as there will still be some slots not taken up. Try phoning the forum sponsors and see what they have. Is your deposit refundable as that also will be a deciding factor if you find a slot sooner? There are dealers with physical cars they can sell if you are happy with the colour (likely to be Black, White /Orkney or Indus) and the spec - you could have a car next week if that option is open to you.
Took me about 4 months...and even then it had to be put back.
(30-09-2011 04:15pm)LP Wrote: [ -> ]Took me about 4 months...and even then it had to be put back.

Placed my order at the end of August - with a build slot for December. Not had a confirmed build date yet...
Thanks all for the info. It's comforting (I think) to know that it's not a case of Pay deposit, get notified of build date.
I've already phoned round a few dealers local to me and they don't have any slots available until May next year.
The dealer I placed the order with are very good to be fair to them. I've made it known that I'll take something sooner as long as it's a dynamic with the Lux pack. The only one they had that was close to what I had ordered was in Colima Lime. I could have had that car early october but the colour doesn't agree with me. All the other cars they have coming in don't have the lux pack. They actually have a Dynamic in the showroom that they said I could have as it's now been released for sale but again it doesn't have the Lux pack. Maybe I need to widen my search or just keep my fingers crossed for a January delivery.
Reference URL's