babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Can any Evoque Owners comment on the Meridian stereo system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have no idea what file format the files are but I have 195 albums stored in my iTunes and copied onto my iPhone and they play perfectly BUT I have to stream them using the cable connection not the BT. Some of the files are ripped from CD's and some are digital downloads from the iStore
Thanks Tim.
I don't understand the significance of the different format but like you I have loads of CD's ripped onto I tunes. Obviously I want to get the best out of the meridian system when I get my car in a few weeks time.
Cheers
(01-10-2011 08:26am)griff Wrote: [ -> ]For those audio buffs out there.
If I download my i-tunes to my ipod for permanant use in the car, what settings would you suggest to transfer the best quality music replay?

I buy all my music from Itunes so I guess they download as CD quality?
Any assistance would be useful.
Cheers

Griff from what i am aware if you purchase music from itunes you get it at 128kbps quality. this is fine for playing from the small headphones you get with your iphone/pad etc. i think they currently have the option to also buy at 256kbps which is certainly better but still not cd quality.

the sites i buy music from normally give the option of 192kbps 320kbps or Wav/Aiff. Wav and Aiff are pretty much cd quality but also could be about 65 megabytes in size compared to a 320kbps Mp3 file which could be 15 megabytes in size.

to be honest it can be difficult to hear the difference between 320kbps Mp3 files and Wavs, unless you have studio monitors, a great home system, or on some high end club systems.
and a lot has to do with the original production of the song as well.

but i can defiantly tell the difference between a 192kbps and lower Mp3. and if this system is as good as people are saying, and the car environment is that quiet, then having a better quality file may make a difference.

but its all down to personal preference in the end.

oh you can also change the settings in itunes if you do burn your cds to disk and you can opt for high or low bit-rate files and what type of encoding, its going to be hard drive space vs quality.
This link might assist anyone looking at how to get CDs imported into iTunes at the highest quality.
macintoshhowto.com/itunes/how-to-import-songs-into-itunes-with-no-loss-of-quality.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When your playing an MP3 via a USB stick/drive, CD - does the meridian system display any of the track meta-data (album name, artist, genre etc), or does it simply just display the track file name?

On my car when playing MP3 via a USB connection it only displays the MP3 track file name (the actual name of the file as when being viewed on your PC in explorer). Plus if playing an album it will only play the file names in A-Z order (which can be annoying).

I noticed while reading the manual it states uploads to the storage system is only for CD's contaning CDDA information, which I assume means you cannot upload MP3's?
@rootsboy
Thanks a bunch for that info. I download at the highest bitrate I can as I have loads of space on my Ipod and laptop. I think I might load my favourite 10 CD's onto the Evoques hard drive when I get it and use the IPod for all others.
WAV/AIFF files are the formats used in professional recording studios and are, essentially, CD standard uncompressed files. Opinions vary of course, but to any keen audiophile and/or musician, trust me, you can tell the difference.

Storage is so cheap these days there really is no need to store horribly compressed MP3 files at 192k or below. MP3 was designed to get around the fact that at the time storage capacity was limited/expensive; Maplins will sell you a terabyte drive for under £100 which will store many thousands of uncompressed files.

Anyone with an iphone/pad/pod (and most MP3 players) will be able to store uncompressed WAV (AIFF is simply Apple's name for WAV and is identical). You could try an A/B comparison (same track, compressed MP3/uncompressed WAV) and the difference should be immediately clear - if not, you probably need your ears syringed !
WAV/AIFF files are the formats used in professional recording studios and are, essentially, CD standard uncompressed files. Opinions vary of course, but to any keen audiophile and/or musician, trust me, you can tell the difference.

Storage is so cheap these days there really is no need to store horribly compressed MP3 files at 192k or below. MP3 was designed to get around the fact that at the time storage capacity was limited/expensive; Maplins will sell you a terabyte drive for under £100 which will store many thousands of uncompressed files.

Anyone with an iphone/pad/pod (and most MP3 players) will be able to store uncompressed WAV (AIFF is simply Apple's name for WAV and is identical). You could try an A/B comparison (same track, compressed MP3/uncompressed WAV) and the difference should be immediately clear - if not, you probably need your ears syringed !
I will get the small system. Is ist possible to play any kind of DVD (music, video)?
Yes, you can play DVD's, music and movies in the 380W system.
yiepiiieh!! Very Happy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's