babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear wiper Under Rear Spoiler (PICS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did not know that the rear wiper was placed under the rear spoiler.
(and 2 more pics I never saw)

[Image: 4273017.jpeg]
REAR WIPER

[Image: 4273009.jpeg]
MAGNERIDE

[Image: 4273007.jpeg]
4X4

The website all these images are on: http://www.drive.ru/landrover/drive-test...sheno.html
The P38A RR and the L322RR (current model) both have the rear wiper hidden up under the rear spoiler................ it has it's drawbacks as you will all find out in the winter! RRS has one that parks along the lower edge of the rear screen and doesn't have the winter issue of the bigger car. Looks neat tucked up in the spoiler though and there is no temptation to use it has a handle for the upper tailgate
Actually I thought the rear wiper looked very fiddly. I can imagine it will break as soon as it gets tucked in snow or ice.
I've never had a freezing up problem, it's when you are driving on wet salted roads that there is a small design fault - the dampness gets trapped above the wiper blade and then when there is enough it trickles down the screen but the rest of the screen is dry so you have to do a wash and wipe to get rid of the trickle.................. and 10 minutes later you are back to square one, moderately clean screen except for this vertical salty water line right across your your rear view. It's not a huge problem but an annoying one
(28-09-2011 11:13am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had a freezing up problem, it's when you are driving on wet salted roads that there is a small design fault - the dampness gets trapped above the wiper blade and then when there is enough it trickles down the screen but the rest of the screen is dry so you have to do a wash and wipe to get rid of the trickle.................. and 10 minutes later you are back to square one, moderately clean screen except for this vertical salty water line right across your your rear view. It's not a huge problem but an annoying one

It looks quite neat hidden up there and you'd have though it may be a bit more protected up under that spoiler from freezing or snow, although I guess harder to get to to free up if forzen. But can see how anything you wipe with it will have a tendancy to drip back down over the screen.

Is the "upside down to normal" arc produced a bit annoying in that the lower corners are going to be uncleared, so not ideal for vision for reversing?

But then I guess if you want rear vision you wouldn't be buying an Evoque anyway, certainly better vision than my old transit! Wink
Reference URL's