babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ipod Streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what you can watch on the Sat Nav screen where no TV Or Dual Screen is ordered?

Can you watch Ipod downloaded TV programmes or Films from an Ipod??
(27-09-2011 10:01pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what you can watch on the Sat Nav screen where no TV Or Dual Screen is ordered?

Can you watch Ipod downloaded TV programmes or Films from an Ipod??
Would doubt it...
Unfortunately there is a problem with licences for replaying movies downloaded to iTunes in the special format for iTunes, but MP4 and AVI files are supposed to play through the USB connection. I haven't tried as I don't generally have passengers in the car to watch these things. Like Park Assist and speech commands it will be something I will rarely, if ever, use.
I tested it with non-licensed MOV files copied from my iPod to a USB stick and it didn't want to play them. Haven't tried other formats.
I'd be very surprised if you can watch anything other than SatNav without ordering TV or dual screen.
You can watch dvd's, I've tried that. But not while driving of course - the sound keeps playing but the image is black.
A bit off topic, but can you input/actively use the sat nav when driving. My current car disables the use (ie input street names or make adjustments) of the touch screen completely when driving.
(29-09-2011 12:10am)Barneyridge Wrote: [ -> ]A bit off topic, but can you input/actively use the sat nav when driving. My current car disables the use (ie input street names or make adjustments) of the touch screen completely when driving.

Yes Very Happy
Thanks Spiderman Smile
Reference URL's