babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How was your dealer experience?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Brought my new Evoque home .. 90 odd miles from the dealers today. Looks lovely, goes well and seems very stable. I was pleased to find that despite it's dimensions it actually feels reasonably tall on the road. Now for the bad news.

On the downside, the hand-over could have gone better. The salesman seemed a polite young fella but the promise of fuel that he made to me ran to a quarter of a tank (stingy on a £40,000+ car), the rigid load-liner that we'd ordered wasn't there as they'd apparently ordered the wrong part. One of the cherished transfers that we'd ask them to complete hadn't been touched, despite us giving them the prepared retention document.

The sit down in the car showed that the SatNav was showing Belgium (so much for the pdi) and I can only imagine he's still to have the "Evoque" course as I did feel that I knew quite a lot that he didn't. The in car discussion part of the hand-over took around ten minutes (five of which was him try to re-set it to the UK) A mile down the road we called in at the petrol station to fill up and my eagle eyed wife noticed that they had forgot to put the tax disc in the car. We returned and drove back and this was put right......but the problems didn't end there.
Once home, I checked the Insurance docs which had just arrived and noticed that the number that the dealership gave, and I subsequently gave to the insurance was not the same as the plate on the car. As if that wasn't bad enough, the tax disc was a completely different number too. Is it me or does this sound like a pantomime farce?
Sounds like you had a bad day but posters should consider carefully before mentioning garages by name for legal reasons.
Just a heads up in case.
Why not name and shame if what you are saying is the truth?
Feel free if you can afford the libel defence
Always get 100% from the dealer I use but have had problems with others. Your hand over was a big cock up from start to finish. Have they compensated you for their cock up?[/i]
It sounds worse than a pantomime farce to me, at least you can have a laugh at one of those!

How can it be libel if it's the truth?
Congrats YTS, It looks Fab, exactly the same as what we have ordered, except for the engine. What interior have you got?

You must be quite close to me but from memory you aren't using the same dealer...Phew!!!
It's only libel when they disagree. In my sorry existence I find that one mans truth is another's lie. Sometimes it can be just as expensive proving the truth when someone disagrees. I speak from bitter experience. I won by the way.
Cheers
Either way that sounds like a complete farce but don't let it detract from owning your Evoque which looks great Wink
(20-09-2011 08:15pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]It's only libel when they disagree. In my sorry existence I find that one mans truth is another's lie. Sometimes it can be just as expensive proving the truth when someone disagrees. I speak from bitter experience. I won by the way.
Cheers

No, it's only libel if they can prove that what you have written is untrue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's