Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How was your dealer experience?
ytshome

How was your dealer experience?

Brought my new Evoque home .. 90 odd miles from the dealers today. Looks lovely, goes well and seems very stable. I was pleased to find that despite it's dimensions it actually feels reasonably tall on the road. Now for the bad news.

On the downside, the hand-over could have gone better. The salesman seemed a polite young fella but the promise of fuel that he made to me ran to a quarter of a tank (stingy on a £40,000+ car), the rigid load-liner that we'd ordered wasn't there as they'd apparently ordered the wrong part. One of the cherished transfers that we'd ask them to complete hadn't been touched, despite us giving them the prepared retention document.

The sit down in the car showed that the SatNav was showing Belgium (so much for the pdi) and I can only imagine he's still to have the "Evoque" course as I did feel that I knew quite a lot that he didn't. The in car discussion part of the hand-over took around ten minutes (five of which was him try to re-set it to the UK) A mile down the road we called in at the petrol station to fill up and my eagle eyed wife noticed that they had forgot to put the tax disc in the car. We returned and drove back and this was put right......but the problems didn't end there.
Once home, I checked the Insurance docs which had just arrived and noticed that the number that the dealership gave, and I subsequently gave to the insurance was not the same as the plate on the car. As if that wasn't bad enough, the tax disc was a completely different number too. Is it me or does this sound like a pantomime farce?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 07:36pm by ytshome.)
20-09-2011 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Who's got the worst dealer experience?

Sounds like you had a bad day but posters should consider carefully before mentioning garages by name for legal reasons.
Just a heads up in case.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-09-2011 07:36pm
CrawfsEvoque

RE: How was your dealer experience?

Why not name and shame if what you are saying is the truth?

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
20-09-2011 07:43pm
griff

Feel free if you can afford the libel defence

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 08:07pm by griff.)
20-09-2011 08:07pm
J77

Always get 100% from the dealer I use but have had problems with others. Your hand over was a big cock up from start to finish. Have they compensated you for their cock up?[/i]

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-09-2011 08:09pm
paulus599

It sounds worse than a pantomime farce to me, at least you can have a laugh at one of those!

How can it be libel if it's the truth?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 08:11pm by paulus599.)
20-09-2011 08:10pm
THEMACS

Congrats YTS, It looks Fab, exactly the same as what we have ordered, except for the engine. What interior have you got?

You must be quite close to me but from memory you aren't using the same dealer...Phew!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 08:13pm by THEMACS.)
20-09-2011 08:12pm
griff

It's only libel when they disagree. In my sorry existence I find that one mans truth is another's lie. Sometimes it can be just as expensive proving the truth when someone disagrees. I speak from bitter experience. I won by the way.
Cheers

At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 08:16pm by griff.)
20-09-2011 08:15pm
PAT

Either way that sounds like a complete farce but don't let it detract from owning your Evoque which looks great Wink

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
20-09-2011 08:16pm
paulus599

(20-09-2011 08:15pm)griff Wrote:  It's only libel when they disagree. In my sorry existence I find that one mans truth is another's lie. Sometimes it can be just as expensive proving the truth when someone disagrees. I speak from bitter experience. I won by the way.
Cheers

No, it's only libel if they can prove that what you have written is untrue.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
20-09-2011 08:20pm