babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is Evoque a Freelander2 in a party frock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RRSport has always been considered to be a Disco3 in prettier clothes than the Transit Van looks of the D3 so what is you view of the Evoque - Freely2 in a designer frock or a supermodel in it's own right?
Having been to the factory and seen all the components that are different between the 2 models and even the different construction methods used, I would definitely call them two separate models. Also just as importantly in this day and age is the electronics infrastructure that appears to be quite different. So OK the engine and large bits of the power-train are the same as is wheel base (but not width) but pretty much everything else is different. And when you see the two together (especially a Coupe) they look quite different.
Hoho, I don't know about you guys but on my screen for this poll I can see who has voted for which option..................... under the "graph" there is a set of red brackets and "Show Results" when I click that I can see who voted for what, never seen that on a forum poll before!
(03-04-2011 04:42pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Hoho, I don't know about you guys but on my screen for this poll I can see who has voted for which option..................... under the "graph" there is a set of red brackets and "Show Results" when I click that I can see who voted for what, never seen that on a forum poll before!

Yes, that option is there for us too.

I trust your 'confidence' will keep the confidence of the 'one'. Besides, I didn't mean it in a bad way (oops, I have let the secret out!)

Also, not that your confidence matters as all can see it !
Cross my palm with silver and I won't tell anybody........................
(03-04-2011 02:00pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]So OK the engine

Is soon to be available in the XF (diesel). Shame it's 8spd auto isn't in the RRE. If car manufacturers can't spread the costs of development across multiple models then there would be a lot less choice for us consumers.
Reference URL's