babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Boot size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how LR calculate the cubic capacity of the boot, just measured one up and its 1m wide, by 0.75m deep, and .45m upto the parcel shelf which is a capacity of 337litres or so, somewhat lower than the quoted 500 odd.
LR quote up to the roof I believe rather than up to the seat height
Cheers
(20-09-2011 02:50pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]LR quote up to the roof I believe rather than up to the seat height
Cheers

That would explain why it looks more like 350 litres than 550/575 litres. I wonder if they've included the shoebox size space under the floor which would be fairer than measuring up to the roof.

How can LR get away with quoting up to the roof when that space is not self-contained? Shouldn't the parcel shelf define the top of the boot space?

What next for LR; 0-60 and top speed figures measured on a 25% down hill gradient?Surprised
All brands measure boot space like this afaik.
Yep and the boot space needs to be there for folks like me who opted for the spare wheel.
(20-09-2011 05:14pm)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]All brands measure boot space like this afaik.

I've never seen a manufacturer measure above the rear seats/parcel shelf unless it is the much larger figure given for when the rear seat backs are folded.
I think you will find that the golf is measured this roof way tbh
(20-09-2011 05:35pm)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen a manufacturer measure above the rear seats/parcel shelf unless it is the much larger figure given for when the rear seat backs are folded.

If they would measure it your way, then a station wagon would have exactly the same boot as its saloon version, the difference being mainly above the parcel shelf, right?
I'm not saying it's honest / logical, I'm just saying they're all cheating.
We've just picked ours up and it's lovely. The boot space.....well a bit of a con really. It's more or less the same size as my sons MK6 GTI, approx 350 cubic feet. We have the spare wheel and to be honest it seems the same size with it as without it.
French Caradisiac indicates 420 l:
http://www.caradisiac.com/Range-Rover-Ev...-71479.htm
It's a fair value , considering total (small) length (4,35m).And considering 4wd, Suv layout, and target (Golf players).

1happydream
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's