babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Black Alloys!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone...
So whats the word out there on the 20" Black Alloys..... They look meaner,... and no chance of them looking dirty... what's the deal if they get scuffed... do all four need to be send for refurb... i now have my heart on the black...Twisted Evil
Believe it or not dark grey and black wheels show road grim more than silver. I have anthracite coloured ZU's on my Defender and they get dirty far more quicky than standard alloys. The only thing black alloys are good for is hiding brake dust stains............. but I would love a set of them for my car. They would probably look better on a Fuji White Evoque with the contrast roof than on an all white Evoque
The black alloys are standard option on the pure... just chacked out the website... strange... any reason why... or is the RRE website just a guide???
@jitenc - check out the small print. They are not standard. They are being shown purely as an option and are sold as 'Rim Only'
They are also a dealer fit option not factory fitted IIRC, then you have to buy the special wheel nuts at £160+ and the wheel centres, then the tyres to go on them! Unless of course having spent that much on a set of wheels you want to put them under a sheet of tempered glass and make a coffee table out of them instead
Ok. End of forum thread... got the picture.. my mistake... Silver alloys win for me... thanks Tim.. i think i will buy Black Alloy paint!!! In the meantime... i will keep on dreaming...
(16-09-2011 06:09pm)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. End of forum thread... got the picture.. my mistake... Silver alloys win for me... thanks Tim.. i think i will buy Black Alloy paint!!! In the meantime... i will keep on dreaming...

Please, don't spray them with Black Alloy paint.. they will look crap after a week, why not Powder Coat?

It really isn't that expensive..get some quotes..
Any good alloy wheel refurbisher should be able to either do it for you or recommend somewhere. Jitenc, contact NickM on the forums as he will know a company that he can recommend, he lives in west London too and was at the Lookers Here and Now event last Thursday
Thanks for the advice... i think i will stick with the silver.... and when i am ready or when the silver have got scuffed, then it may be a good time to maybe powder coat them... hope i have got some people thinking about long term aftercare for their wheels
... sorry about my naivity... first time i am going to own a RR...
I have another car with black gloss alloys, a problem you perhaps need to be aware of is that they scratch incredibly easy when cleaning and can look like an ice skater has been on them in no time. Alloys harbour grit and grime and no matter how careful you are when washing them you will cause scratches to them at some point....if you do a gentle compound should restore them.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's