babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Question about LR's 'ordering system'...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Apologies if this is a how long is a piece of string question but thought I would ask anyway......

Placed my order for a dynamic last Saturday at which point the dealer estimated Jan/Feb delivery (seemed rather optimistic to me!). Dealer was inputting my order onto the 'system' yesterday and commented that he thought I might get it sooner than first anticipated....

Given the thread on delays due to Xenon's I am bracing myself for a longer wait but is it possible that the dealer has a certain allocation of models due to them on a certain date and I am just having one of those? or does it not work like that? Just struggling to believe that the dealer can be so out of the loop to be telling me Jan/Feb delivery if not sooner, when based on info on here it looks like it will be a lot later than that?

We are seeing the dealer again on Saturday as DH is viewing a RRS so I will ask him then, I'm just really trying not to get my hopes up of a speedy delivery in the meantime...

Thanks,

Ali Smile
i too was told at the here+now event that i may get my evoque sooner than the original estimated date of 10th Jan(i ordered about 4 weeks ago) i thought this was incredibly optimistic but i am yet to hear from them re: any delays due to the xenons issue
The dealer may have a sooner build slot that he can use which is why you have been lucky, he should be aware of the Xenon's problem though as James posted that it had been notification to dealers from LR.

BTW who/what is DH? Darling Husband?
(16-09-2011 01:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The dealer may have a sooner build slot that he can use which is why you have been lucky, he should be aware of the Xenon's problem though as James posted that it had been notification to dealers from LR.

BTW who/what is DH? Darling Husband?

Sorry Tim, yes DH = Darling Husband, used on another forum so presumed it was used everywhere!! I don't really like using it as it doesn't always apply Laughing

Fingers crossed for good news on Saturday then, either way I'm excited for 'Mr Alibeau' who is hoping to get a RRS sorted out......

Ali Smile
Don't tell him, but having owned 2 RRS's - 2.7TDv6 SE and a TDv8 HSE (which was the best car I have ever owned up to Evoque) I think you have the better car..............
(16-09-2011 01:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Don't tell him, but having owned 2 RRS's - 2.7TDv6 SE and a TDv8 HSE (which was the best car I have ever owned up to Evoque) I think you have the better car..............

Well, during our test drive of the Evoque, he started saying he would like one too!!! I almost died, not sure how I would feel about 'his and hers' on the drive Laughing In reality, the Evoque is just a bit too small for him I think and that's what swayed him back onto a RRS. Plus as the dealership couldn't discount the Evoque, if he goes for this RRS on saturday the dealer has offered a super part ex price for his old RRS as we are buying the two cars from them..... all good and very exciting Very Happy And of course I might let him have a drive of the Evoque if he is good Laughing

Ali Smile
Reference URL's