babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof Rack mounting points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please take a picture of the Roof Rack mounting points...their location,thread size,and the cover system used to hide the thread holes?
I'm thinking of doing away with the siderails on offer,and just installing some quality aftermarket crossbars (ROLA) , for a neater overall appearance.
Thanks in advance.
If you go to this link you can get to the Evoque pages and see manuals and in particular fitting instructions for the roof rails for both the regular roof and pano roof.

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/i18n/index

The mounts are at the very front and rear of the roof so if you can get some crossbars to suit it may be difficult to get smaller bike racks/ accessories on due to the length they would need to be to reach the crossbars.

I just plan to use my Whispbars with siderails (sizes permitting)..........
The mounting instructions are I think stickied in the modifications section
O.k thanks guys....found it. Yep from what i can tell from the diagrams, the side-rale mounting points are at the extreme ends of the roof,which is not ideal for mounting the racks from. I wonder if their are any other mounting points inbetween? I really would prefer to do away with the side rails if i can. Any ideas would be great... thanks.
If you only want cross bars then you don't have to have the front to back rails as well. You can use the sort meant for gutter less cars that clamp on the door frame/ cutout - often called Sport bars in Land Rover speak.
Thanks Tim. Yep,i guess that would be the only way,but i'm just thinking here...i'm not sure i'd like the actual clamp thats visible on the sides going into the door frame for asthetic reasons,but i'd like to position and attach the crossbars, so that they look like they are directly fitted and coming out of the roof.
To do this,again,i'm just thinking...the cars without the panoramic sunroof have a full length removable gutter rail covers, that perhaps the crossbars could be attached to by drilling holes in them.
Could this be possible? What exactly is this removable full length rail cover made of?
The covers on mine are made of plastic and appear to snap in and out, but I haven't tried to remove them to see what is underneath..................... been there before and couldn't get them back on, on another car and had to go back to the dealership to get them replaced!
In regards to the Evoques without the Panoramic roof,if anyone in UK could please maybe check with the dealers or their own cars, and find out if their are mounting points (for just cross-bar-roof-racks) allocated between the end mounting points for the side-rails,and along or underneath the full-length-removable-gutter-rail-covers ?
Reference URL's