babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Anyone else like me (can't afford new Evoque, but really wants one?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me start by saying I'm not complaining, and I am really happy for the people that have got their new Evoques, or are excitedly waiting for them.

I'm at that stage of life where I have a young family, have a decent enough job, wife works part time, but haven't got the spare money at the moment to be able to afford a new Evoque.

I've followed the progress for months and log onto this forum at least 5 times a day (but just registered). I have specced up 3 Evoques on the website, a base pure at £29k, pure with a couple of options at £31k and a pure with all the options I would like for £33k. All in black of course Smile

There is a slight chance I might get a company car at work and have asked about the possibility of a base Pure Evoque (which I would be very happy with), but am really pushing my luck.

My best bet is to try and wait for 12 months and hope the price of a 2nd hand Pure will have reached my price bracket.

Anyway just wondered if there are others reading this forum who are in the same boat as me?

It didn't help that i went to the Manchester Unleashed event and got to drive one for an hour. It just made me want one even more Smile
I've just been at B&Q and met a couple in a similar situation to you tigrr. They went to the unleashed event at Gleneagles and enjoyed the day but just cannot quite stretch to the cost of a Pure ED4. They were made up to be offered to look inside mine.
It's been brilliant reading all the posts since you've got yours Tim, it's really good to hear a 'normal' (non LR or magazine reviewer) person review the car and tell us all about it.

It was amazing driving the car around Manchester, everytime we stopped in traffic in the city centre, everyone on the pavements and in the shops and offices stopped and stared at it, you must get that all the time now Smile
And Xfft even let them have atest drive ... He's still in the B&Q waiting for their return!
Made sure I had the LR Locate dongle in MY pocket thought so it got about 10ft before it got stopped by remote control!
What's the LR dongle? Is that an extra security device you had fitted Tim?
If I tell you............................
(15-09-2011 07:41pm)tigrr_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Let me start by saying I'm not complaining, and I am really happy for the people that have got their new Evoques, or are excitedly waiting for them.

I'm at that stage of life where I have a young family, have a decent enough job, wife works part time, but haven't got the spare money at the moment to be able to afford a new Evoque.

I've followed the progress for months and log onto this forum at least 5 times a day (but just registered). I have specced up 3 Evoques on the website, a base pure at £29k, pure with a couple of options at £31k and a pure with all the options I would like for £33k. All in black of course Smile

There is a slight chance I might get a company car at work and have asked about the possibility of a base Pure Evoque (which I would be very happy with), but am really pushing my luck.

My best bet is to try and wait for 12 months and hope the price of a 2nd hand Pure will have reached my price bracket.

Anyway just wondered if there are others reading this forum who are in the same boat as me?

It didn't help that i went to the Manchester Unleashed event and got to drive one for an hour. It just made me want one even more Smile

I understand fully what you mean.. But in the short term before the Evoque becomes affordable to your finances, or price bracket, why don't you take a look at the Skoda Yeti.. This is a SUV that has been given fantastic reviews and at fantastic prices as well.. good luck Very Happy
Leasing one seems a cheaper option at present I have seen them advertised as low as £299 a month with £1800 upfront
A SKODA YETI............... the man wants a Land Rover not a Skoda!

The Freelander2 is an Evoque in plain Jane clothes (actually the Evoque is a Freelander2 in a party frock!) and there are plenty of used ones available. Very competent cars built on the same line as the Evoque. Take a look on the Land Rover website where you can set how much you want to spend in the used car locator. At least it gets you on the bottom rung of the ladder and headed toward an Evoque. You could also take a look over on http://www.freel2.com at what members there may be selling or contact our forum sponsors Lookers Park Royal
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's