babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Warning for those with Park Assist - tyre wear can be severe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK the car wasn't an Evoque, it was a Toyota with their park assist system but my mother has a friend who has it on her car and wore out a set of front tyres in 6000 miles because she used it so much! LR's Park Assist also likes to use full lock when the car is stationary (the driver in an Evoque still has to operate the accelerator and brake , I believe in the Toyota system even those controls are automated). I also cannot think it will do the power steering system any good with all that parallel parking and turning the steering wheel to full lock without the car rolling
I wouldn't worry Tim, youll be on your second Evoque before you tyres wear out on the first. Regards YT
I doubt it will get much use in my car, I cannot remember the last time that I parked on-street where I had to parallel park, I use multi-storey carparks if I'm in the city and it's a lot cheaper in the local town to use the Park and Ride where the slots are the same s in a multi-storey.
I did raise this concern with LR at one of the events...their answer was that tires are much mor robust theses days as is the power steering, and that it is not an issue....didn't believe them then, and I still don't! It won't get much use on mine....but as ytshome says...I will be on my second by then anyway!!

lol
Reference URL's