babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Restricted performance then various lights.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a pain. Evoque fine yesterday ( my14 2.2 sd4). Started this morning. 0 degrees outside and restricted performance came up. Left a day and still doing it. Disconnected battery but still the same. Now various other lights flashing up including smart key battery low of all things. Just been recovered to the local garage I use as want to avoid LR if poss.

Read a few threads and seems all sort of possible issues.

Could it be battery related? Any ideas?
A low battery or one on its way out brings up a zillion faults. I hope it’s just that for you.
(17-12-2017 04:55pm)Steve D Wrote: [ -> ]A low battery or one on its way out brings up a zillion faults. I hope it’s just that for you.

I hope so also. Could a battery on the way out still start the car fine and run fine though?
Very possible. Trouble is, if you could call it trouble, that these cars start very easily - so duff batteries have to be really duff to show up. If you got the chance to crank it over for say, 10 seconds, you’d notice it as it would run down pretty quickly. The battery is not needed to actually run the car - the alternator supplies all the car needs, plus more, when running so a duff battery would not affect the running.

I left my hazard lights on for less than 15 minutes a couple of weeks ago and there wasn’t enough left in it to start the car. I tested the battery and it had a dead cell. The battery was around 5 years old. I’m glad it happened when and where it did rather than in a week or two's time when I’m on holiday in Cornwall!

If your battery is of a similar age, you may only have another year left in it which equates to around £20 give or take and with winter coming up, in my opinion the aggro you have with a non starter, it isn’t worth hanging on to get the last volt out of it.
Ok, I’m keeping fingers crossed for a battery issue.

Car plugged in this morning and seems to be turbo boost issue. Faults cleared but immediately back. Garage say there’s a computer controlling boost that’s part of turbo and this may be issue. They are just checking if controller part is available or if new turbo needed. He’s now checking to see if any boost leaks.

Anyone had similar?
IIRC the battery may only be down to something like 12.4v and you will get all the warnings, it could also be that once the car has started and been run that all may appear fine but next morning you are back to square one. Some things to check - A) do you have a dash cam that is hard wired and runs all the time and B) get the battery checked that one cell hasn’t died - there has been a spate of that one being reported over on RRSport.
Hi- no dash cam.

Codes have been read this morning and says boost issue. Would a dead cell still throw codes like this inaccurately ?
Modern Land Rovers only need the tiniest drop in volts from the battery to throw up all sorts of spurious warning messages. In the L320 RRS a blown tail lamp would also give a good impression of the Blackpool Illuminations on the dash!
(18-12-2017 06:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Modern Land Rovers only need the tiniest drop in volts from the battery to throw up all sorts of spurious warning messages. In the L320 RRS a blown tail lamp would also give a good impression of the Blackpool Illuminations on the dash!

That’s the truth!

Garage say they can hear the turbo boost not working correctly also so suspect it is a turbo fault, and not just a spurious warning. Wish it was!
Went for a chat today at garage. Fault codes were p0046 and p0047 and another one that I can’t recall. He’s not had a chance to strip it down yet so reluctant to order any turbo parts. He believes it’s turbo or the little black box attached to it.

After a quick google of fault codes I found this.

[Image: 35669_F23-198_F-4_FA2-_A431-_D77_B34517230.png]

[Image: F2825224-0_ACD-41_F8-92_D6-_DA032_E303_E97.png]

Could it be this actuator ( the black box the garage thought it may be)
Add suggests a common problem?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's