babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The things I hadn't heard off before
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK here goes with the list of whizz bang gizmos. I am aware that the rest of you may be aware of all or some of these, I wasn't aware of any of them as I have been out of circulation for 3 months between late April and July without forum access, and when you come back from 2 weeks away and find 300 new posts to read imagine what it like after 3 months away. The "mark Forum read" button get hit!

OK,

I have already mentioned the follow me home reversing lights.

Next, when you set the cruise control a CO2 emissions graph appears where the little display screen is in the dash, it disappears after 3-4 minutes

Then, if you have the electric boot release it doesn't just go up and down on the motor, you can set the limit that it opens to so you won't bash the tailgate on a lower garage ceiling. Once set it remembers that limit and always opens to there. BUT when you open the tailgate by remote you can stop it anywhere on its journey by just holding on to it, but it won't remember that once. Also if you have set a low setting - i.e. not at the fully open limit, then you can just push the tailgate a little and it will motor up to the full limit. Once the tailgate has got almost to the bottom limit it stops and does what RRS owners are used to and "soft closes". I also mentioned in another post that the tailgate has a very sensitive sensor to prevent the parcel try being damaged and I assume also so you cannot shut you hound's tail in the tailgate..................

Then there is a Winter Park setting for the front wipers. In the dash board menu there is a setting that you can enable that will cause the wipers to stop in sort of mid sweep so when you start to warm the screen they are under the heated screen elements and in the blower coverage.
One thing I would like would be a frost setting that will disable the auto-on wipers when the screen starts to freeze. Last winter I got a scratch on the FFRR's screen thanks to forgetting that the wipers were set to auto-on and they swept ice across the screen and also tore the blade rubbers........ now a temperature sensitive switch to disable the auto on wipers would avoid this happening. I cannot be the only person who has forgotten to disable the auto-on wiper function on a frosty night.
Nice gizmos....I like em!
excellent gizmos....especially the wipers, but you are right Tim, a frost setting would be better!
All of which are listed in the online handbook Whistle
But who read passed the 8 pages of how to get into the car?
Good point.
Some more little design things I've not had on previous Land Rover cars that have appeared on Evoque:

a) On the inside of the tailgate are 2 rubber wedges that stick out into the car. When the tailgate closes these rest on the edge of the hard parcel shelf and stop it rattling. The parcel shelf in both my FFRR's used to vibrate or rattle if it had not been put back into place firmly after removal and it was very annoying. Probably something every Kia and Hyundai comes with but I've never seen them on a Land Rover before.

b) Unhook the parcel shelf twines that make it lift when the tailgate opens and they slide down under the parcel shelf to stow out of sight - there are small weights on the lower end of each. Again probably something fitted to Kias but not seen on any LR I've owned

c) In addition to the luggage retaining eyes screwed into the boot floor there are two quite substantial plastic hooks for hanging shopping bags on (or in Disco2 speak "curry hooks") moulded into the side trim that the parcel shelf rests on when lowered. These are part of the moulding and heavy duty - much better than the usual small hooks LR fits to FFRR's that are meant for hooking the luggage retaining nets on.
According to the manual there should be a hook or similar thing called an anchor, in the boot on the back of the seats for securing a car seat that has something called a top tether. Just forked out the best part of 400 quid for two isofix car seats.

Could you look for me please Tim.
The Puddle Lamps display an outline image of the Evoque on the ground....very cool indeed.

The 'say it as you see it' speech interface is excellent and so simple to use....far better than any system I've previously used.

LR appear to have hit the nail squarely on the head with the Evoque as it is the 1st LR I have owned in my 30 years with their products that not only looks stunning, it also appears to have a supremely excellent fit and finish, it really does rival any premium marques product, including those from Aston Martin & Bentley, even though some of the lower trim used is less luxurious, this really is a cracking wee car & I sincerely hope it will also be a very welcome addition to your toy boxes....
Charlie they are there - 3 of them, 2 on the 60% section and one on the 40% section - very substantial brackets built into the back of the seat back
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's