babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: First Evoque Viewing... Beautiful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

dropped by my dealer today in order to check out some details for my dealer event this friday to find they have just received 3 cars... Black Dynamic Plus Coupe, Black Prestige and Fuji 5 door prestige.

Black prestige was nice...
Black dynamic with contract grey roof and Shadow Chrome wheels was very nice...
Prestige Fuji white 5 door was beautiful... and was almost as I have ordered Smile had the Spirit interior (I have ordered vibe) and had style 8 wheels (I have ordered style 6)....

I fully agree that it looks much better in the flesh.... I have attached a quick snap, taken from the blackberry so sorry for the quality, showroom also had quite limited space... I will upload a lot more after my viewing on Friday/test drive Saturday.
Looks like one of the cars from the Unleashed events with the 20" diamond cut alloys........... did you check how many mms were on the odo?
I did not check, although this was in Germany and its a left hand drive model so If you are referring to the Uk Unleashed events it will be a different car.... a beautiful one though.... I really can't wait now.
Also, while the wife felt that the vibe interior was more practical I did really like the Spirit interior... those who have chosen will really like their choice I am sure. Space in the back was decent, wing mirrors are like dumbo ears but look to provide great rear visibility.
Further to the first viewing I had the launch event on Friday and the test drive on Saturday.

The launch event had the same 3 cars I saw a couple of days earlier in the dealers... I have a lot more photos so I will get round to uploading a few... after seeing the Black Dynamic Plus with no panoramic roof I have to say I think the panoramic is an absolute must... and even more so with a coupe and Dynamic Plus... otherwise the back seats is a very dark and lonely place to be.

I drove a 5 door prestige SD4 (no AD), Fuji white with spirit interior and style 8 wheels (as per photo I have uploaded)... great drive, very smooth, plenty power... I and my wife loved it and actually were quite impressed with the rear camera, While I like the spirit interior my wife was not impressed with the colorscheme... testdrive was quite short, 30-40 min on our own with the car which was enough to give us both a quick runaround.... enough to see we are both happy with our purchase, also took along a MP3 USB so I was playing with the stereo while the wife was driving, was the 13 speaker system and sound was impressive...

Now roll-on October/November or whenever it will arrive.
The dealer here in Perth Australia,just got hold of a couple of pre-production Evoques for preliminary viewing purposes (strickly no driving), and i must say, i found the Evoque to be even better looking in the metal then in pictures. Absolutely stunning!!!
I love it's short,yet wide muscular chunky stance. I love the quality of the interior materials, and the driving position is brilliant, with an very integrated sitting in feel.
Everything just looks and feels sooo right inside and out.
Putting a deposit down on something sight unseen, particular something as costly as this,was always going to have a small element of doubt attached to it, but now that i have seen it, it has simply blown me away, and even surpassed my already high expectations. This is one very desirable compact nugget of a machine.

P.S. As discussed in another thread regarding which glass brand is used on the Evoque, the two models here had Fuyao for all windows,including pano roof, but the windscreens were Saint Gobain.
Tyres were Michelin Latitude.

[Image: evoqueviewing012.jpg]
[Image: evoqueviewing007.jpg]
[Image: evoqueviewing001.jpg]
Regarding the roof consule,one question the dealer did'nt know, was ...although you can't see it in this picture, what is the rectangular black panel based at rear do?

[Image: evoqueviewing005.jpg]Shadow Chrome
[Image: evoqueviewing008.jpg]Sparkling Silver
nice, the white prestige in the background looks exactly like the one I ordered (looks great, as does the red coupe).... did it get lost and end up in Australia....
I think the black plastic panel is the comms port for the wireless headphones
Yes it is and at night you can see a load of what look like red LED's glowing inside it.............
Ah o.k, comms port then, thanks guys.
And just on a side note...this dealer is always a pleasure to visit, since along with selling all the Landrover range of cars, it also sells Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo,and Jaguar. It's big,and most models from all of these brands are usually in stock, and on the showroom floor.
Reference URL's