babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Washer jets not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can hear the motor running, headlamps squirt but nothing from the rear or front windscreen jets

Tried to unblock them with some wire but still no success, reservoir is full

There are 2 wires going to the front jets, what do these do??
The pipes aren't frozen up are they?
(06-12-2016 06:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The pipes aren't frozen up are they?

No I was out in the car all day when it was 9 degrees in the late afternoon and still nothing from the jets - its been like this for over 2 weeks but I think did start after the first frozen morning we had of the year
The wires are for heating the nozzles, so they don't block in sub zero conditions
Air lock in the pipes to front/rear screen if you allowed the reservoir to run to empty before refilling? Might be a trip to the service bay. I know how frustrating this is as my Defender's driver's side nozzle is doing similar and it isn't blocked but it is also still connected to the pipework too! Defender's one is a central Y branch nozzle so even more frustrating that 95% of the water goes to the passenger side.
I've noticed recently that my rear washer needs the button held for quite a long time for anything to come through, almost as if the pipes from front to rear have emptied themselves between uses.
(07-12-2016 12:57pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed recently that my rear washer needs the button held for quite a long time for anything to come through, almost as if the pipes from front to rear have emptied themselves between uses.

Most washers do have a non return valve fitted to them (usually in the connectors) to prevent washer fluid draining back to the reservoir.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Windscreen...Swh-1W4y4-
Thanks Andy, it's not enough of an issue to bother me at the moment, but if it gets worse its good to know about these!
If you need washer jets and pipes I have a spare set available.
Reference URL's