babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Headlights - Difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I understand it there are three options for the headlights on the Evoque:
* Halogen with manual leveling (Standard on Pure)
* Xenon with LED signature and automatic leveling ( Standard on Dynamic and Prestige)
* Adaptive Xenon HID with LED signature and automatic leveling (extra option)

As I have ordered a Dynamic I would like to understand if there are any visible difference between the Xenon with LED signature that is standard on the dynamic and the option with Adaptive Xenon HID?

I do understand that the adaptive moves with the wheel/turning but my question is around looks! I want to make 100% sure there are no improved looks with the adaptive ones! Really important!

Any pictures that shows Xenon with LED and the ones with adaptive would be excellent!

Many thanks,

Soon to be Evoque owner in Sweden
Yes there is! The Adaptives don't just "see round corners" they have a small "spotlight" in the sidelight that if you are doing less than 30 mph comes on if you turn the steering wheel more than 30 degrees (IIRC) or at less than 30mph you indicate to turn and then the spot light will come on on that side. Folks will be thinking Phaw, waste of money but once you have had it you will wonder how you managed for years without it. It is especially useful in multi-storey carparks but also at night if parking near to kerbs and your car has 20" wheels.
I have had adaptive headlights in my BMWs. But they look the same as the other HID angel eyes. So no change in looks. Would love to see a picture of how they differ in looks on the Evoque. That is actually the reason I would go for it. The adaptive function in itself is not worth enough for me without any improved looks. Wink
(11-09-2011 05:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there is! The Adaptives don't just "see round corners" they have a small "spotlight" in the sidelight that if you are doing less than 30 mph comes on if you turn the steering wheel more than 30 degrees (IIRC) or at less than 30mph you indicate to turn and then the spot light will come on on that side. Folks will be thinking Phaw, waste of money but once you have had it you will wonder how you managed for years without it. It is especially useful in multi-storey carparks but also at night if parking near to kerbs and your car has 20" wheels.

Hi there, can you elaborate on what the head lights of the Adapatives look like? Mine just came in and I ordered everything except the video package and it seems like I done have that little square in the second Halo like some do in pictures I see on line. I was lucky too, my dealer said they stopped putting the Blind Spot detector on all the cars because they couldnt keep up with the orders... Anyways, do you have a picture of your head lights?

Can you tell me where the Spot Lights are located?
Hey Guys,

Please find below two pictures of the cars we have in the showroom here at LPR. One has Adaptive Xenon’s the other has the standard Xenon’s.

Adaptive Xenon’s

[attachment=1259]

Normal Xenon’s

[attachment=1260]

Normal Halogen

[attachment=1262]

As you can see from the photos the only visible difference is the small dark square where the cornering lamp is on the car with adaptive Xenon’s.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

Steve
Thanks for the pic Steve, can hardly sport the difference Very Happy
can we have a pic of the halogen lamps please so we can see all 3 together?
I'll see if we have one on site today.
Managed to find a Pure on site so have added to the post. Now showing all of them together.

Steve
Is this just European models only?
Sorry for the bump but FYI. North American models do not have the cornering assist light but they do swivel.

Reference URL's