babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The maiden voyage!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ok, tech stuff:
Left Hanger Lane at 0830 and at 11:00 I stopped at Sandbach Services on the M6 having taken the M40/M42 route.
Odo reading 18 miles at start, at stop 18&, trip computer shows ave speed 64mph, ave fuel 39.0, distance covered169.9 miles. TC showing range left in tank 305 miles satnav shows 265 miles to go so looks like for peace of mind I'm going to have to refill somewhere, probably Gretna

Next stop probably Teebay North.
39 mpg at avg 64mph is pretty good for a tight engine.
Enjoy Tim
Best of luck Tim !

you'll probably find you'll get more looks the further north you get.... quite a few evoques out on the motorways of the northwest a lot fewer on the M74.
Ok Sandbach to Teebay North
Odo 291'
Trip 103.5
Ave mph 53 due to huge tailback between J21 and J26 overturned whitevan in outside lane of southbound carriageway closed middle and outside lanes northbound
Ave mpg 39.3 but at one stage between Liverpool and Lancaster I ran at 44 mpg at set 71mph on cruise.
Other observations
The steering is telepathic!
The steering weights up noticeably when Dynamic mode is selected
There is NO engine noise at 70 unless you want to pull away when it all gets quite loud!
There is NO wind noise at 70 at all apart froma tiny bit around the drivers door seal - none at all from the mirrors unless you are overtaking a truck or coach when there is a tiny bit
I've got this far on just under a half tank of diesel
Loads of looks on the motorway from other motorists Tim?
thanks for the updates - great fun to read

Smile
Something else- the tailgate closer has a very sensitive sensor on it, I couldn't get the tailgate to close with the parcel tray touching the top of a suitcase, it just refused to soft close and re-opened until I did a restow that resulted in one briefcase travelling behind the front passenger seat. Will have to pack lighter in future and you can forget packing the gear for two for a fortnights holiday in Monaco unless you are going to do a lot of clothes washing while you are away!

After driving through sone pretty hefty rain and spray the car is still spotless! Not even the usual streaks up the bonnet above the Range Rover letters!
Great to read. You should have organised forum members to stand over motorway bridges holding banners and saluting you or am I getting carried away? Confused
Drive safely.
(10-09-2011 02:06pm)Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Great to read. You should have organised forum members to stand over motorway bridges holding banners and saluting you or am I getting carried away? Confused
Drive safely.

I live two minutes from junc 28 on the M6, I would have invited Tim round for a quick pit stop and toilet break. (obviously would have had a good look at the car as well) Laughing
Hi Tim
Thanks , great comments! How do you find the seats, are they velocity?
Sergio
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's