babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What"image" does Evoque project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Talking with other guests last night one thing I heard a lot from people was "I wouldn't be seen dead in a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport, especially living in London. The image they project isn't one I want, but the Evoque is just right" but I couldn't figure out just what image Evoque does project.
Never really thought about what image the car projects, i just like them so i ordered one.
Same here, that's why I asked!
The image depends on the model...a Dynamic Coupe in White with 20" wheels projects a very different image to that of a 5dr Prestige in Blue with 18" wheels.

What the images are I'm not sure, but they are very different I would suggest.
I think the point people were trying to make to you is that it's less about liking the image the Evoque projects and more about hating the innefficient, road-hogging, snobby image the Range Rover Sport and Vogue project.
Just goes to show how uneducated folks are then if that is the image FFRR and Sport give, neither takes up any more space than a people mover / mpv and so long as you don't count the supercharged cars, they are not really any more profligate or poluting than many 2.0ltr petrol engined cars in the city, but I understand what you are getting at
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing as I sat outside the Chichester Festval Theatre last night during the interval with a gin and tonic in my hand.
I was stareing at the Orkney grey prestige which was flood lit thinking that it had a certain hidden style. The coupe is small but the build quality is way higher than any other car ive seen of the same size.

To me it says "I'm cool but not flashy, and by the way I can do anything you want in style"
don't go for the image thing either...I love LR and have always had one since 17. I just wouldn't look at another car. If ppl associate an image to it, then that is their problem, not mine.
When I saw the title of the thread, I wrongly assumed it was discussing the puddle lamps!!

My opinion is: successful, fun, expects quality, enjoys premium brands, tech-savvy, environmentally aware, adventurous and welcome at LPR any time!

James Smile
Maybe the UK outside of London don't worry too much about what you car says about you, London folks haven't the same worries as the rest of us........
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's