babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dashboard camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm buying an Evoque on Thursday , four days time. It occurred to me, I wonder if there is a way of automatically recording the output from all the cameras.....similar to a dashboard camera, could be very useful.
Welcome to the forum Gary, unfortunately it isn't possible - the resolution of the surround cams is pitiful in this day of cheap ultra high resolution systems, so what you could record wouldn't be worth having on record anyway. LR has upgraded the quality of the reversing cam and added 360 degree birds eye view but the surround cams are still low res affairs.
(04-06-2016 09:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum Gary, unfortunately it isn't possible - the resolution of the surround cams is pitiful in this day of cheap ultra high resolution systems, so what you could record wouldn't be worth having on record anyway. LR has upgraded the quality of the reversing cam and added 360 degree birds eye view but the surround cams are still low res affairs.

Thanks for your reply, pity, it would be really useful in accident situations. Looking forward to the new (to me anyway!) car. Regards........
As a follow on does anyone have a recommendation on the best dashcam and where to position it on an Evoque?
You might find the following thread over on RRSport helpful (or not!) also if you search on http://www.Disco3.co.uk you will also find reviews of dash cams there

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic42366.html
Hmm...I have the 2012 Dynamic coupe model that just has the reverse camera. Anyone successfully add the 4 other cameras to have the complete surround setup? Would my system not support it? Would I need to replace the infotainment head unit to accommodate the 4 additional cameras? If that's the case, obviously, then the expense would be prohibitive for me. Just thought the surround cam system would aid in 4-wheeling.
I have the surround camera on my dynamic lux and to me it's just a bit gimmicky. The only useful camera is the reverse camera. The forward cameras are poor resolution and the screen is too small to look at. The junction view is useless as well. As for the cameras under the mirror, it's a hassle to find them in the menu, by which time I will have parked already!
I like them and use them all the time I like to park within inches from the curb and so far never rubbed one !!!
Reference URL's