Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pedal vibration felt under acceleration
nctran19

pedal vibration felt under acceleration

I've have my Pure for over a month and have been noticing an abrupt vibration felt through the gas pedal under acceleration at exactly between 10-15 mph, ONLY while in drive directly after initial start up. If I park it without shutting down the motor, it isn't felt again once its put in drive again. But every time the motor is shut down and starts back up, the vibration is felt under acceleration. The dealer wasn't able to diagnose the issue since they didn't have another Evoque to compare it with. Has any other owner felt this issue??
10-01-2012 04:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nctran19

RE: pedal vibration felt under acceleration

received the car back from dealer this week. They didn't have another Evoque to compare it with but reassured me that it was the ABS brakes and its sensors going through its cycle. Could someone please just drive theirs and see if they feel the same "whoosing/ vibrating" feel from their gas pedal at about 10-15mph. Just trying to see if it's consistent.
18-01-2012 07:07am
slee18

I dont have that problem with mine. Although mine has a wierd clunking sound when i put it into D and drive away each time i shut the engine off. Ill check again at what speed it happens at. Maybe it is similar to yours.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
18-01-2012 07:14am
defender_uk

I think they have just palmed you off. If ABS is going through a cycle (though never heard that one brfore) it should not be affecting your accelerator.

Back to the dealer and demand some more research.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
18-01-2012 02:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

I didn't notice anything except the clunking sound. Guessing that is the center diff engaging

18-01-2012 06:06pm
nctran19

It is difficult to describe the sound/vibration. But it is noticeable only upon start up and in D @ ~10-15mph. Someone please reassure me I'm not crazy.
18-01-2012 08:47pm
slee18

We might have the same thing. Almost has slapping sound like something is engaging in the drivetrain. I can't remember when it started doing this

I don't want to take it to the dealer since I have seen anyone post about this. The dealer doesnt have another in instock to see if that does that or not. Next dealer is 140 miles away

19-01-2012 03:59am
Xvoyag

Have not noticed the problem, but will check it out on the next drive.
19-01-2012 04:24am
Claud

I was at my dealers last night going back and forth in the work shop trying to diagnose a judder moving in D or R on tickover around 5mph. The technician suspects a drive line issue associated with the lock up mechanism on the torque converter. I am not so convinced and think it may be an engine issue.

He will put in a Technical Request to Land Rover. Note all issues on Evoques should be sent by the dealers to LR HQ according to a recent request. So any niggle, let them know about it and don't be fobbed off.

I expect to get an update next week and will post my findings. I put another post out there on asking for details on the autobox, nobody has come forth with any specific knowledge yet.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
19-01-2012 11:12pm
slee18

My problem is different than yours. Since it started to rain here I noticed it's something to do with the drivetrain cause I can here the tires chrip when that happens

Sorry couldnt help you with your problem

21-01-2012 07:33am