Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Battery.
The Valeter

Dead Battery.

Mad The dash came up with "LOW BATTERY" twice on Saturday when I used the car then didn't use it on Sunday or Monday. Tuesday used it & drove 4 miles to Rochester to valet a Mercedes & when I pressed the button it clicked & that was it.

Called out LR Assist who luckily were not too far away who jumped it & did a quick test to show battery and alternator are ok. I said I do a lot of short journeys & he said that I was probably taking more out of the battery than putting in. One reason I bought the petrol was to avoid this very problem with a diesel though my TD4 Freelander was used for the same purpose & that never had a flat battery.

I have booked it into Harwoods on Monday & they said that short journeys shouldn't cause this?

Could be that the Evoque like many other modern cars simply have far too many electric gizmos that kill battery's. & the fact that you can't use the TV or stereo for more than a few minutes with the engine off is proof of this & the only thing that I find very annoying with this car!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-07-2012 12:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUEEVO

RE: Dead Battery.

Assuming you still have the original battery, what was the battery supplied...?

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
18-07-2012 12:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Battery is still on the car but I can't see who makes it.
Left the Evoque on trickle charge tonight & went out in the trusty Rover 25!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-07-2012 12:58am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

It's interesting (for me anyway) to look under the battery cover. First, the battery is mounted longitudinally instead of transversally and from memory is not a straightforward removal. Then, there are some unusual terminal arrangements which seem to be for monitoring the battery current draw quite accurately. There's mention in the manual that battery replacement requires special tools but that may just be a ploy to get you to the LR dealer to pay inflated prices.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-07-2012 04:30am
cjfp

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Yet-more-...OW-BATTERY

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Low-Battery

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Low-battery-warning

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-07-2012 07:08am