Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is this a prestige?
sciack

is this a prestige?

Hello,

is this a prestige? SALVA1CE1CHXXXXXX

I need a VIN from a Prestige. On topix is not clear, but it seems like it is a Prestige. Thanks

VIN obliterated to stop fraudulent use of the number - hopefully it isn't too late - XFFT
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 06:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-04-2013 04:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: is this a prestige?

Can I ask what reason you need a VIN number from someone else's car?

Or is the VIN in your post your order & you want to check that the dealer has ordered the correct model?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
24-04-2013 05:10pm
sciack

is this a prestige?

A VIN is nothing so strictly personal, it has no personal data in it. I just need a Prestige VIN because I have a Dynamic and I want to buy the leather dashboard from prestige.
24-04-2013 05:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Posting a VIN of any car in open forum is extremely risky, and worse still is using the VIN of a car that is not your own, as you don't know who is looking for the info to use for criminal purposes or creating forged documents. I have edited the number above so if anyone can help please contact sciack by PM for the proper number.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 06:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-04-2013 06:21pm
xxxx5

Giving a VIN on a public forum is risky in my opinion, there are people out there who would be prepared to buy the VIN information from you.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
24-04-2013 08:26pm
scrannel

In the US VINs are always published on cars for sale. Example:

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventoryli...ltsPage=11

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
25-04-2013 02:48am
BA74

Same in Australia... Example:
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/deal...6152&Cr=11

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-04-2013 03:05am
sciack

I think that is only PARANOIA... what risk? There is no risk... It is just a number anyone can get one looking at your car's windshield.... come on..
oh, this is my VIN of my Evoque Dynamic, please forge all the fake documents, but make it a good work please Wink enjoy it

SALVA2AE6DH734019

(25-04-2013 03:05am)BA74 Wrote:  Same in Australia... Example:
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/deal...6152&Cr=11

Thank you very much! I just found out 10 Prestige models on that website with full VIN, so it helped me a lot. Thank you very much.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 05:22am by sciack.)
25-04-2013 05:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes but unfortunately in other parts of the world we have crooks who use this info to obtain and create "Cloned" cars and then have accidents/commit crimes / get speeding tickets/ park, even resll accident damaged repaired cars illegally etc etc and all the penalties / flack then come back to the innocent owner of the vehicle that genuinely has the VIN. Yes they only have to walk the streets and read it off the screen but it is much easier to trawl through forums - just because it isn't an issue in the USA doesn't mean it's not an issue anywhere else on this planet, it is a big problem here in the whole of Europe where it is too easy with the VIN to get other info

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 07:18am by XFullFatTim.)
25-04-2013 07:16am
speary

(25-04-2013 07:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes but unfortunately in other parts of the world we have crooks who use this info to obtain and create "Cloned" cars and then have accidents/commit crimes / get speeding tickets/ park, even resll accident damaged repaired cars illegally etc etc and all the penalties / flack then come back to the innocent owner of the vehicle that genuinely has the VIN. Yes they only have to walk the streets and read it off the screen but it is much easier to trawl through forums - just because it isn't an issue in the USA doesn't mean it's not an issue anywhere else on this planet, it is a big problem here in the whole of Europe where it is too easy with the VIN to get other info

Well said

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-04-2013 07:58am