Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 5 Bluetooth Streaming...
WB
WB

RE: iPhone 5 Bluetooth Streaming...

(09-10-2012 08:03pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  Hi, this has been an issue and as there is no fix yet is becoming more aparant.
In some cars, depending on hardware and software installation into the car when built.

On some Evoques it is possible to have an ipod connected by the lead into the Ipod Port in the centre console in order to listen to music. It is also possible to then pair a bluetooth device Iphone Blackberry etc to the car as a phone.

If an iphone is used you do have the option to stream the music by bluetooth and this works ok. If then you wanted to switch back to Ipod music you just change the audio source by the touch screen display and it does so without problem

It has come to my and Land Rovers attention that this does not work on some cars. You are able to play audio off the Ipod Using the lead without problem. Alternatley you can stream from the Iphone.

If you try and do both it does not work. I have found that if you pair your phone and begin to stream your music by bluetooth its ok, as soon as you connect the ipod by lead it switches to the ipod and drops the bluetooth connection on the phone and even if you try to reselect the phone it does not work.

It is not apparant as to why this happens, as the sister company Jaguar XF has the same system and this works without fault.

Land Rover are investigating this issue so,,

All i can say is please be patent, as soon as there is a fix for this i will inform the relevant people..

Land Rover acknowledged this issue back when IOS 5 was released in December 2011 and still not fix from LR or Apple.

It's very frustrating that the system basically does not work as advertised and I think its about time LR did something about it!!!

Here is my thread from December -> http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Informati...land+rover
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 10:54am by WB.)
10-10-2012 10:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

(10-10-2012 10:53am)WB Wrote:  Land Rover acknowledged this issue back when IOS 5 was released in December 2011 and still not fix from LR or Apple.

It's very frustrating that the system basically does not work as advertised and I think its about time LR did something about it!!!

Here is my thread from December -> http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Informati...land+rover

I can understand fustration, it does to be something within the latest software that can cause this, but i can understand it from a customer point of view. I didnt think it mattered wether you were using IOS 5 or 6. I just know that in some cars it works and others it does not not.
All i can say is if you use your car mainly for streaming from an iphone then disconnect any usb or ipod devices. Alternately if you listen to ipod pair the bluetooth as a phone but do not stream.

Im sure there will be a fix for this issue as Land Rover are aware and are investigating the problem

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
10-10-2012 11:05pm
WB
WB

(10-10-2012 11:05pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  I can understand fustration, it does to be something within the latest software that can cause this, but i can understand it from a customer point of view. I didnt think it mattered wether you were using IOS 5 or 6. I just know that in some cars it works and others it does not not.
All i can say is if you use your car mainly for streaming from an iphone then disconnect any usb or ipod devices. Alternately if you listen to ipod pair the bluetooth as a phone but do not stream.

Im sure there will be a fix for this issue as Land Rover are aware and are investigating the problem

Thanks for your reply. The scenario I have is that I want the better audio quality of the wired connection to my iphone while using the bluetooth for phone. I have nothing else plugged in to the USB.

Surely if it works on some cars but not others there must be a software or hardware version difference. If they've been aware and investigating the issue for almost a year they must have come up with something?

Any chance you could talk to someone and get us an update please?
11-10-2012 09:35am
Barton Evoque

Mine is a my13 and i just have a iphone 3gs with latest software mine works fine playing music via bluetooth and phone works as well.also i have a lead plugged in the ipod port to keep it fully charged.and there is a memory stick in usb slot as well.so i guess there must be some latest software being used.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
11-10-2012 11:04am
WB
WB

(11-10-2012 11:04am)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Mine is a my13 and i just have a iphone 3gs with latest software mine works fine playing music via bluetooth and phone works as well.also i have a lead plugged in the ipod port to keep it fully charged.and there is a memory stick in usb slot as well.so i guess there must be some latest software being used.

The issue occurs when playing music over the USB lead while the phone is also connected by bluetooth. Sounds like you're playing music over bluetooth which works fine.
11-10-2012 12:16pm
Barton Evoque

My music plays fine via usb lead with phone connected to bluetooth as well.just been out to try it.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
11-10-2012 03:37pm
WB
WB

(11-10-2012 03:37pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  My music plays fine via usb lead with phone connected to bluetooth as well.just been out to try it.

Interesting - can you describe the sequence you use. Do you wait until bluetooth is connected then plug the cable in or cable first etc? Thanks!
11-10-2012 04:15pm
Barton Evoque

first thing i do is always connect the usb lead in the phone before i even start the engine.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 07:38pm by Barton Evoque.)
11-10-2012 07:35pm
rhysadams

Thanks for all your help guys! iPhone won't bluetooth stream if the iPod is plugged into the armrest USB port!

Unplug it ad it streams fine! Just another question, my little boy wants to watch his iPad in his front. Now I know I can get this to stream to the head unit. But can he then use the headphones to listen to it whilst I listen to the DAB?

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
14-10-2012 06:01pm
fstfwd

Proud new owner of Santorini/Ebony Pure Premium... 24hrs old!

Love everything about it... except I too was a bit annoyed to discover that the Bluetooth streaming was less than perfect. As several of you have noted, if you are streaming anything other than the iPod "Music" from your iPhone (in my case a 5), and you plug it into the USB charging cable, it kills the Bluetooth audio connection and forces you to only play music from the iPod feature.

This is flat out ridiculous. I listen to Pandora and Spotify almost exclusively, don't purchase music from iTunes anymore... and basically this means I can count on killing my phone battery on long drives, because it can't also be charged.

Hopefully LandRover is paying attention to this issue - I may even write them a note. It's an easy firmware update that would make a lot of people happy I'm sure.
04-11-2012 08:30pm