Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iOS 6 not supported
stiggy

RE: iOS 6 not supported

Got my shiny iphone 5 Friday morning (without queuing up, thanks orange!). The phone paired and worked via USB as an Ipod first attempt with no issues at all!
However once when I reconnected the phone via USB the ipod functionality would not work and got an "accessory not supported" message on the iphone screen.
I switched the car off and restarted the phone and everything then worked (and has since) maybe worth a try for anybody having issues.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
24-09-2012 12:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
o3zone

when my iphone is plugged into the car and I'm trying to play through the wire, after about a minute it switches to the bluetooth output. How can I stop this?
24-09-2012 10:32pm
chiggy

no issues whatsoever with mine.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-09-2012 02:24am
Izzy

(24-09-2012 10:32pm)o3zone Wrote:  when my iphone is plugged into the car and I'm trying to play through the wire, after about a minute it switches to the bluetooth output. How can I stop this?

I believe it stops that if you turn bluetooth off on your iPhone. I came from the Droid and LOVING the iOS6 integration with the Evoque. Streaming Pandora actually gives proper titles on the nav screen(Droid's didn't for some reason). And, if I turned the vehicle off while it's streaming Pandora, it will ALWAYS automatically restream Pandora when I restart the vehicle. On the Droid it would do this only if I didn't use the phone between turning the vehicle off and on.
25-09-2012 03:14am
Ranger4

(25-09-2012 02:24am)chiggy Wrote:  no issues whatsoever with mine.

So when you are connected via Bluetooth you can browse your music library on the Evoque screen? I can't....

Currently I can only:

1) connect the phone via Bluetooth and play a single track of audio - can't change the music unless I pick up the iPhone and change it via the handset.

2) connect the phone via bluetooth and ipod cable - the music plays via ipod cable and allows me to browse the albums on the Evoque screen and then phone calls are made via Bluetooth.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
25-09-2012 11:40am
Samson

Guys, not having my car yet and relatively new to the forum, am slightly confused on two aspects:

1. On my current car (an XF) it's a simple case of connecting the Jaguar provided 30 pin adaptor to the iPhone 4. Have just got the iPhone 5 - it has a smaller 'Lightening' connector versus the previous 30-pin connector. Is Land Rover providing the Evoques with a new 'adaptor'?

2. Which way is better for music aficionados - the connector or through bluetooth? I am guessing the former.

Separately has anyone downloaded music to the on board hard drive? What's the quality like?

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
26-09-2012 05:48pm
RacingSnake

(26-09-2012 05:48pm)Samson Wrote:  iPhone 5 - it has a smaller 'Lightening' connector versus the previous 30-pin connector. Is Land Rover providing the Evoques with a new 'adaptor'?
You're new, and dont have your car yet...
But you get a USB cable with the phone right?.... Use that. Lol

There is no "30pin" cable in the evoque, only USB.... And to be honest, I wouldnt expect them to give an adapter anyway Surprised

I'd always use music through cable, and the phone through bluetooth... But there are many threads (including this one) talking about the cable &bluetooth streaming capability... Or lack of it!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
26-09-2012 06:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Samson

(26-09-2012 06:10pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  But you get a USB cable with the phone right?.... Use that. Lol

Aha IdeaEmbarrassed

Thanks!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
26-09-2012 07:41pm
simonc

(25-09-2012 11:40am)Ranger4 Wrote:  So when you are connected via Bluetooth you can browse your music library on the Evoque screen? I can't....

Currently I can only:

1) connect the phone via Bluetooth and play a single track of audio - can't change the music unless I pick up the iPhone and change it via the handset.

2) connect the phone via bluetooth and ipod cable - the music plays via ipod cable and allows me to browse the albums on the Evoque screen and then phone calls are made via Bluetooth.
I'm pretty sure that is by design, or rather it is simply how Bluetooth streaming works. Essentially it's just working like a wireless headphone cable albeit one that can skip tracks etc. If you want to browse albums, playlists etc. you need a full cable connection to get the full iPod-style control. I could be wrong but I think that's the same with any Bluetooth streaming device is it not?

The problem I used to have (with iPhone 4S on iOS 5) whereby I would plug the phone in, be playing music via cable, and after a while the iPhone switching to output via Bluetooth (while the car was still expecting music via cable) seems to have stopped since I started using the iPhone 5 (with iOS 6 obviously). I'm not sure if it's just a temporary thing, due to iOS 6, due to the lightning connector, due to it being a fresh Bluetooth pairing, or a combination thereof - however I'm crossing my fingers that it is fixed permanently now! It was a pain having to go into the Music app on the iPhone and manually switching the output back to the dock connector.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 04:09pm by simonc.)
27-09-2012 04:07pm
Rekool

(24-09-2012 10:32pm)o3zone Wrote:  when my iphone is plugged into the car and I'm trying to play through the wire, after about a minute it switches to the bluetooth output. How can I stop this?

Turn the bluetooth off in General Settings. Cool

2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand
2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2 Q, Black Cool
29-09-2012 07:34am