Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
have I got the full and proper Adaptive Xenons??
fam1x

RE: have I got the full and proper Adaptive Xenons??

I have ordered adaptive xenons on my Pure to, which should be here next week Smile

The adaptiove xenons on the Pure cost more than just standard xenons do you recall what you paid for the lights? As I recall xenons were only £710 where as Adaptive xenons cost £1015.

Found a Youtube this video which shows the adaption xenon hope that helps ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
10-01-2012 11:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

(10-01-2012 11:21am)cjfp Wrote:  Pure - I was a very early UK order and my order, TOPIX schedule and Invoice all say 'Adaptive Xenons'
Matches what my invoice states, and mine swivel. So there's an issue with yours (sorry, stating the obvious).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
10-01-2012 01:48pm
stevehill

(09-01-2012 08:33pm)cjfp Wrote:  Not having had Adaptive Xenons before (or even Xenons), can an Evoque owner who has these already tell me what to look for so that I can check I have the right things! I'm sure I have Xenons but what's the 'adaptive' bit actually mean? When I turn a corner there is a light that appears on the side I am turning towards but should (is) anything else happen? Thank you.

The lights also swivel when the steering wheel is turned
10-01-2012 02:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

With RRS/D4 and FFRR the adaptives used to do a little "dance" when you started up with the lights on and also if you stopped for a while at night at traffic lights they would go through a self level and system check that made them swivel and then go up and down. I have adaptives on my RRE and they don't do this - they do have the cornering enhancement side light that also comes on if you are doing below 30mph and indicate to turn.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-01-2012 05:38pm
cjfp

Update - I have used a member of my family to run backwards infront of the car as I drive and he confirms that my headlights do swivel ! Case closed.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-01-2012 05:38pm
defender_uk

lol
good to hear....they are hard to detect sometimes...

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-01-2012 07:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

have I got the full and proper Adaptive Xenons??

Does it only work below 30mph? Or even beyond that?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
10-01-2012 07:22pm
cjfp

@Ezandania - I tried to establish an answer for you but unfortunately he is getting on a bit now and couldn't run that fast, fell and I went over his legs! Given this unfortunate situation, .... I'll next ask the wife! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-01-2012 07:25pm
IKM

(10-01-2012 07:22pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Does it only work below 30mph? Or even beyond that?
Works fine at 60 mph for me.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
10-01-2012 09:05pm