Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
evoque depreciation
Frp1

RE: evoque depreciation

I traded in my 3 door pure with tech pack with 18k. Handed over 2k to statstone in Doncaster.
Then drove out with a 5door prestige. And got 5 years servicing for 299 Smile
I like my dealer!

Ben
31-07-2013 12:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris taylor

(31-07-2013 12:40am)Frp1 Wrote:  I traded in my 3 door pure with tech pack with 18k. Handed over 2k to statstone in Doncaster.
I like my dealer!

Ben

How can you trade in a car that is second hand, of less value and a less expensive model than the new car and only pay 2k,
how old was your car.
31-07-2013 07:54am
IKM

(31-07-2013 12:40am)Frp1 Wrote:  I traded in my 3 door pure with tech pack with 18k. Handed over 2k to statstone in Doncaster.
I like my dealer!

Ben
Who's your dealer please, so I can do the same this week?

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
31-07-2013 09:56am
Teetree

evoque depreciation

I like my dealer!

Ben

Wow. Either generous or very stupid dealer?Might be worth a drive to Donny then as I m pretty sure that's not gonna happen anywhere else in this country??!!

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
31-07-2013 11:34am
RRSteve

(30-07-2013 12:12pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  don't think the 5 yrs service pack will do any favours fotr depreciation on a car without it also. why buy nearly new only to have to pay clodse to 2k for 5 yrs of servicing when you can buy new and get it for £499. i'd be using tha\t as a bargaining tool on a nearly new to drive the price down, so a dealer would need to factor that in too

I saved a lot more than 2K buying nearly new! Wink
31-07-2013 11:52am
Craig_d1

(31-07-2013 11:52am)RRSteve Wrote:  I saved a lot more than 2K buying nearly new! Wink

Well, yeah, but that was just the saving on the servicing side. Out on top, online dealers such as drive the deal are offering over 4k off a new one as well, and tha a new one will have a 3 yrs warranty compared to a 2 yrs for a 1yrs old( by a land rover extended warranty....they're not cheap. They wanted £1200 to extend our D4 by a year, not sure what an Evoque is, but guessing still lumpy). Factor in that your now talking a 6.5 to 7k saving and then when you come to sell your car 3/4 yrs down the line you'll get a bit more for the new one than the nearly new one, so you'll prob save their too.
Of course if you can get a 1 yrs old Evoque for 10 k under list, then yes, you'll prob come out in front, but I don't see any nearly new that cheap on their approved used or auto trader.
For me, the more relevant question is how good in the 9 speeder, and who's the cost going to be. If dealers won't give any deals on the my14, it then potentially becomes 4 to 4.5 k more expensive than buying a new one now. Then if they bump the price up by 3% (as they did last yrs I think), then that'll prop add another 1.3k. Add a bit more for the 9 speeder and you may be looking at 6 k more for waiting for a my14 than getting a new one now.
You'll have to do a shed load of driving to make that back in fuel saving, and I don't think the depreciation difference will be that big a diff either.
I wish they'd just hurry up and give the new price list while it's still poss to order a late my13 so I .can have the choice.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 05:25pm by Craig_d1.)
31-07-2013 05:25pm
RRSteve

I got free upgrade to a 5 year warranty (extra 3 years) on my Evoque. That was the deal breaker! Wink

On the 9 speed, I'd wait a while as there is bound to be some teething probs with it as it hasn't been used in anything yet as far as I'm aware.
01-08-2013 11:34am
Craig_d1

(01-08-2013 11:34am)RRSteve Wrote:  I got free upgrade to a 5 year warranty (extra 3 years) on my Evoque. That was the deal breaker! Wink

On the 9 speed, I'd wait a while as there is bound to be some teething probs with it as it hasn't been used in anything yet as far as I'm aware.

phoned my LR dealer today to see if they'd heard anything more. Nope was thye answer..They still looking at delivery for MY14 start of nov, think the price list will prob be £500 more than existing, and price list at end of month.

He offered me a good deal on a new dynamix lux which I'm seriously looking at now. I need to know whether I can utilise to £2k contribution from LR finance by paying off slightly early or whether the penalties outweigh whole thing etc

The extra £1k finance contribution from LR is only conditional if you have existing finance with them on another car, not if you've had it previously but paid it off
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 03:10pm by Craig_d1.)
01-08-2013 03:09pm