Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
driving in europe
jogdial

driving in europe

Hi,

I'll be heading out to Chamonix in a couple of weeks for my first big road trip - hugely excited! I haven't been able to get a clear answer on headlights though (haven't asked the dealer yet and they probably know, but thought I would post and ask) Do I need to do anything about my headlights? I think I read that the manual says the headlights are suitable for lhd or rhd.. but then there is the AFS ... I did get the option of the guide me home headlights or something like that - anyway they adjust electronically I know... will I be ok and not be pissing off everyone else on the road if I don't do anything?

Thanks
Bill
26-11-2012 06:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: driving in europe

Although they are supposed to be suitable for foreign driving, It depends how much night driving you'll be doing really, If a lot (since it's dark a lot this time of year) then a couple of beam benders would be advisable.

When I spent 10 days in the Netherlands, I took the beam benders with me, but spent very little time with the lights on, so I never fitted them, but then it was summer!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-11-2012 07:09pm
BeemerBoy

the manual says to do nothing...

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
26-11-2012 07:51pm
goverton

I'm off to France on Thursday and was trying to figure out if the lights needed to be adjusted... The manual says not, but I wonder if this is correct. Looking at the beam pattern it is strongly biased left and cannot fail to dazzle oncoming traffic when on the continent???

I have bought some of the deflectors... Proven to be futile on previous cars - damn things either fall off or are impossible to remove!

G.

Ordered : Pure 5dr Sd Auto +Tech +Pano +other bits (budget, what's a budget?).
History : pug, audi (black), AlfaGTV (black), mr2 (black), saab (black), 350z gt (black), scirocco (black)
Evoque = Firenze Red - anxious, first non black car in 15 years! Panic.
26-11-2012 08:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Absolutely no need to do anything. I recently was followed by member Wired in his LHD Evoque in the UK in the dark and his lights were fine to be followed by

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 09:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-11-2012 09:36pm
PhilSkill

I've been driving a LHD Espace in UK with the same setup as the Evoque, and I was flashed many times... hence my comment depends on how much night driving, if you're doing a lot be a kind person and dont blind on-comers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-11-2012 10:18pm
AandM1228

People are ALWAYS flashing me, Land Rover said I didn't need to do anything with the lights since I would export the car within a year but apparently the lights do dazzle people a bit.

I'm not sure if the setting was for the automatic high beam sensor to change or the actual beam pattern of the lights but I do remember at handover the salesman showed me a setting in the center cluster that I had to choose if you wanted left hand or right hand driving?? He said that when we ship it to the US or drive in Europe that we would need to change it.

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
27-11-2012 07:43am
SINGHY

I drove mine through France in to Tuscany and back without any adjustments to the lights or anything else come to think of it, so you should be OK.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
27-11-2012 11:31pm