Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dilemma of which free pack to choose
Rootsboy

dilemma of which free pack to choose

just when i thought my order was all good and i had decided on everything i wanted as regards to extras. my spanish dealer sent me a email saying they are now offering a selection of free packs worth about 2000 euros.
hmm do i save myself some money or do i just add some stuff that i was not going to order before.

one of the packs is just car sat nav, but as i live on a island i cant really justify about 2400 euros on just sticking that in my car, and if i ever pop over to the mainland europe, i will just use a classic map/tom tom/iphone.

most the other packs seem to include rear air con/heater vents and privacy windows which i have both ordered and will be handy in spain then there is a mix of extras like panoramic roof, electric tailgate, heated front seats, and assisted parking.

i did not really think about the assisted parking till now, i have ordered rear camera as parking in places where i live can be a bit tricky at times and im thinking the assisted parking may need far to much space to work at times, where just parking normally with the camera i will be able to get into smaller spaces quicker.

everyone keep going on about the panoramic roof. i have not ordered it as it may cause more problems keeping heat out the car for most of the year, but it does seem to be a attractive extra.

the electronic boot, well i can do that job myself.

well will have to make up my mind before the order is locked in soon, but happy that it does not feel like i am going to be paying way over the odds for this car compared to everyone in the U.K. now.

thank you land rover Spain and my dealer for letting me know

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
27-08-2011 06:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: dilemma of which free pack to choose

Free!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
28-08-2011 12:21am
Rootsboy

Yes free! But this is in Spain where we are already paying way over the top for the same car and the europian spec has a lot less features. So it feels like a welcome gift. I wonder if other europian countries will be getting similar offers. I think someone posted on this forum a while back that there were discounts available in Italy

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
28-08-2011 09:30am
Blackseries

(28-08-2011 09:30am)Rootsboy Wrote:  I think someone posted on this forum a while back that there were discounts available in Italy

Yes, I was scanning an Italian RRE forum back earlier in the year and they were all comparing discounts!

I think as their dealers were having a hard time with FFRR and RRS the salesman were in the discounting mindset .... discounts of 9% were not uncommon on the initial RRE orders. Would be interesting to see if that’s still the case.

Also .... with all the talk of first years allocation being sold out I haven't heard of anyone being quoted longer than an April delivery .... so was that all just marketing spin?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 10:40am by Blackseries.)
28-08-2011 10:20am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I read the "first year's production being sold out" to be the allocation up to Dec31 2011, not the first 12 months of production!
Don't forget that the RRE order book opened on 21st March, so it has been available for ordering for 8 months prior to year end

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 10:50am by XFullFatTim.)
28-08-2011 10:50am
Blackseries

(28-08-2011 10:50am)FullFatTim Wrote:  I read the "first year's production being sold out" to be the allocation up to Dec31 2011,

Ah yes ...... you could be right.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-08-2011 11:03am
Rootsboy

Well i put in my finalized my options with my dealer yesterday. i could not change my model, engine or gearbox which is just as well.
just lately i have started to think about a Si4 instead of a SD4 due to the fact i wont be doing that many long trips as i live on a island and was worried about the particle filter cleaning not getting much of a chance to do its job.
but i would need to order with a autobox and the extra tax you have to pay in Spain would add another 4 or 5000 euros to the final bill.

so in the end it will be a
White 5 door SD4 Manual Prestige
Style 6 20 inch wheels
ebony interoir

Extras:
adaptive dynamics
surround camera system
front parking aid
solar attenuating glass
825 watts sound system
18 inch spare

Freepack:
heated seats
panoramic sunroof
pollution sensor
rear aircon/heating vents
privacy glass

coming in just over 54.500 euros
im really not sure how im justifying that, but my girlfriend is saying go on you should spoil yourself once in a while Smile

oh! and a big thanks to everyone on this forum for help and information that has helped me make my choice.

Now just roll on October/November

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 02:56pm by Rootsboy.)
02-09-2011 02:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Roots, what is the pollution sensor? Is it the auto re-circulation option for the Aircon?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-09-2011 03:45pm
Rootsboy

(02-09-2011 03:45pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Roots, what is the pollution sensor? Is it the auto re-circulation option for the Aircon?

Yes I guess so, you would think that would be standard and not a 250 euro option

02-09-2011 08:06pm
Gthornton

Re: Rear vents.

Do any of the UK cars get these? I was under the impression this was not an option as all the cars I've seen don't have them and its not on any spec sheets (that I have seen anyway).

Would be a very useful addition as they were excellent on the RRS.

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
12-09-2011 09:01am