Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
back in again
Madam Fuji

RE: back in again

Oh, Tash, what a nightmare!! Can only say my hubbie has just got an XF and it's lovely to drive. Hope you have a better experience with your new car. :0)
14-05-2013 10:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tash

Evoque broke down last week....again, after LR assist came out and couldn't fix the car was collected to dealers next morning, got a call on Thursday to say the wiring harness in the engine bay had been rubbing and had bared the wiring causing the electrical fault in addition the battery had not been charging to correct level so needed yet another software update!!

It's gone now thank god, lease has been terminated so its off to LR and possibly off to auction so someone else will end up with the joy.

Due to the issues I advised I did not want another JLR product which was eventually agreed, list has been opened so gone for a BMW f30 330d msport, had one on test last week and its a beast, still return 48mpg but does 0-60 5.6secs..

Mine may be one of a kind but the evoque has been very unreliable and poorly built, 4th LR/RR and definitely the worst by a long way.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2013 09:47pm by tash.)
19-05-2013 09:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(19-05-2013 09:36pm)tash Wrote:  the evoque has been very unreliable and poorly built, 4th LR/RR and definitely the worst by a long way.

Unfortunately Tash, also having been a long term buyer of JLR products, I have come to the same conclusion. For such an expensive product Value for Money is not great. Range Rover prices for Renault quality........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-05-2013 06:11am