Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any pics of santorini or firenze with silver roof? can't decide!
s111cor

any pics of santorini or firenze with silver roof? can't decide!

Nearly made a decision but caught a glimpse of a firenze/silver combo today and now can't seem to find a picture of this anywhere! Mrs likes sound of the santorini/silver aswell! Help needed!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Pan Roof, fog lights and cirrus leather. Standard 18 wheels
03-11-2012 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Didi

RE: any pics of santorini or firenze with silver roof? can't decide!

Since being interested in the Evoque my build was always Firenze Red/Silver contrast roof, my dealer said nah! said I should go for Black contrast which I think is too dull, anyway I think the silver would look awesome as it would pick out the silver detailing, especially with the dynamic, over at Evoque Owners Club, there was a member who said he changed his mind because he saw Firenze/Silver and it looked really smart, I am having colour issues now but if I go for Firenze, it's definitely getting a silver contrast roof, would love to see pics too. Btw Firenze/white looks like a rolling bowl of strawberries and cream, seen one!
16-12-2012 11:30pm
mark_n

I would steer very clear of a silver - or white for that matter - contrasting roof.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-12-2012 02:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Red/silver looks very odd, saw one at Gaydon on launch day. Firenze with white contrast looks a lot more attractive. Better to go all Firenze and the do a roof wrap in silver, then if you don't like it you can change the wrap to white or black. Possibly cheaper at the end of the day too. Speccing a silver roof might also have a bad effect on residuals when you come to sell

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 06:05am by XFullFatTim.)
17-12-2012 06:02am
berlin2011

Drove behind Firenze/Silver just yesterday, thought it looked really good. As Didi suggest it did pick up the silver detailing in the bumpers really well. There's loads of Firenze/White one's around here (a lot of the early dealer demo's) and they all look quite silly tbh. I'd personally go for black roof but if that's not what you are after then the Silver is a good option.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
17-12-2012 08:30am
Evo-king

When we were coming back from a trip down to Somerset on the M5, a Black Evoque overtook us with a Silver Contrast Roof, looked OK to me, clearly it also makes it go faster. Laughing Wink

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 09:07am by Evo-king.)
17-12-2012 09:06am
J77

I like it the other way round, Indus silver with santorini roof.

[Image: 470ced90903b69abc65fcc5ef71a8901.jpg]

There is a red with silver roof not far from where I live, IMO it's not the best combo, the red looks better with the black roof.

Another combo I like, others will cringe, is Baltic blue with white roof and the white accessory alloys.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 12:02pm by J77.)
17-12-2012 11:45am
WB
WB

(17-12-2012 06:02am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Red/silver looks very odd, saw one at Gaydon on launch day. Firenze with white contrast looks a lot more attractive. Better to go all Firenze and the do a roof wrap in silver, then if you don't like it you can change the wrap to white or black. Possibly cheaper at the end of the day too. Speccing a silver roof might also have a bad effect on residuals when you come to sell

+1 - go with the body coloured roof and you can have the roof wrapped in any colour of your choice for half the cost of the factory option and its reversible too!
17-12-2012 03:50pm
s111cor

Order now placed and changed mind to Orkney with pano roof! Might consider wrapping around pano but will have to wait and see.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Pan Roof, fog lights and cirrus leather. Standard 18 wheels
17-12-2012 10:58pm
The Valeter

I have a Firenze with a Firenze roof because I didn't want to pay out the £500 for the silly bit left to paint after the Pano roof was taken into consideration however I would have liked it & if I hadn't had the black roof rails I would have gone for the Santorini roof but the roof rails wouldn't satand out had I done it.
The white looks wrong with the Red body.
I am thinking of buying another Evoque (seeling mine first!) & I may go for a Santorini with silver roof. I saw one in London recently & thought it looked very smart.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-12-2012 11:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply