Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Xenon delays

Again nothing personal Ali but really annoying if some dealers are 'cherry picking' customers and orders especially those who've previously bought from them or buying two cars together. Just picking up on your dealer saying he's got orders in the system and he's specced one for you.
17-09-2011 07:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

(17-09-2011 06:37pm)alibeau Wrote:  I only placed my order a week ago for a Dynamic and at that point was advised Jan/Feb delivery. Been to dealer today, he checked the system and advised that the date has been brought forward to November 17th. He said that they already had orders in the system and they have specced one of those for me!?!

I asked about any potential problems re xenons, he smiled (as he already suspects I am a 'mystery shopper' as I seem to know more than he does about whats going on thanks to this forum) but he said that it will not effect my order......

I hope he is telling the truth and/or is well informed, only time will tell........

If the November delivery date turns into a reality I will be delighted to say the least......

Ali Smile

Only the Pure models are affected by the Xenon problem
17-09-2011 07:13pm
cjfp

@wicksy - "only pures are affected" - that's part of my point, having had deposit on for over year - I should get my pure with xenons before alibeau gets her prestige. Model should be irrelevant.

Sorry b4 Ali gets her dynamic.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 07:27pm by cjfp.)
17-09-2011 07:22pm
Wicksy

(17-09-2011 07:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  @wicksy - "only pures are affected" - that's part of my point, having had deposit on for over year - I should get my pure with xenons before alibeau gets her prestige. Model should be irrelevant.
Yes, I understand that - but in her post she mentions that she has ordered a Dynamic and says her order is unaffected by the Xenon issue - that's why I pointed out that this only applies to PuresConfused
17-09-2011 07:25pm
cjfp

Gotcha.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-09-2011 07:26pm
vinny

Should be first come first served irrespective of model ordered.Its a joke anyway having a model with halogens as standard from such a "prestige" manufacturer.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
17-09-2011 07:37pm
Tekno
Banned

For what it's worth, I've ordered a TD4 Dynamic and was told yesterday that my build was complete even though my build sheet gives 18 October as the complete date.
17-09-2011 08:02pm
Wicksy

(17-09-2011 08:02pm)Tekno Wrote:  For what it's worth, I've ordered a TD4 Dynamic and was told yesterday that my build was complete even though my build sheet gives 18 October as the complete date.
Good that you have got your date brought forward but the Dynamic isn't affected by the Xenon problem in any case - its only us poor souls who have ordered the Pure that are going to be well and truly peed offMad
17-09-2011 08:06pm
bell-auto-services

Dynamics are affected by the zenons, i have 2 cars on order a coupe and a 5 door and up to now only the coupe is affected but dates are constantly changing daily for both cars.

That said the coupe is affected a lot more than the 5 door.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 12:27pm by bell-auto-services.)
18-09-2011 12:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

I did not realise you could order a TD4 dynamic here in UK?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
18-09-2011 12:23pm