Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon Headlights
Bjorntje_be

RE: Xenon Headlights

(23-10-2012 03:49am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Bjorntje:

Hmmm . . . that is interesting . . . I have the EU spec Xenon's with the DRL's and per my pics, mine are [to my way of thinking] NOT that bright [in day time daylight]. In evening [twilight] they do show up better, but much weaker than late Porsches, Audis, C, E, S Class Mercedes' here in California. The DRL's of these cars are almost as bright as Evoque's fog lights. No dimming upon signaling appears to occur of the DRL's. In fact NO USA vehicles[to the best of my knowledge] with DRL's dim as you describe, unless it is so subtle that is NOT noticed. This feature is apparently a requirement in your region. I will research if this is the case and in what region is law. I also need to check DRL output Lumen rating [if there are any differences worldwide] and if there is, I will retrofit the brightest ones I can get a hold of. I'll also have to compare, my EU DRL"s, side by side, with the USA Xenon/DRL's I have for any differences. I also do notice on R.R.Evoque USA sales brochures that the signature LED's emitting are photographed in "low" ambient light NOT full day light.

Thanks for your input and what city/country are you from, please?
Thanks,
Mfz IdeaExclamationIdea

i'm from Belgium, Europe. The DRL are really bright and only the side you are signaling to dims. i'll see if i can take some pics

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
29-10-2012 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Socrates

Just got my evoque PURE in N.Y i coudnt get the HID pkg so i was wondering how to get the HID Xenon with the led stripes headlight unit. it doesnt bother me if there not adaptive
15-11-2012 06:09am
mildfeverz

(15-11-2012 06:09am)Socrates Wrote:  Just got my evoque PURE in N.Y i coudnt get the HID pkg so i was wondering how to get the HID Xenon with the led stripes headlight unit. it doesnt bother me if there not adaptive

Buy them on Ebay for best prices, I've found . . . several sellers. Read earlier posts for some installation notes.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 05:13am by mildfeverz.)
18-11-2012 05:12am
Mijo

(09-09-2012 09:38am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Very Happy I finally got the 2 new OEM Xenon/DRL headlights in my hands. I met with the Dealer Service Manager and then with the Dealer Service Tech to assess the issue. It seems that [as I gathered from researching] that there are 2 types of types of wiring harness' that are used on these trucks. 1 for the halogens and 1 for the Xenon and a variation for the adaptive Xenons. Adding OEM Xenons to the Halogen fitted trucks will work with either adding the level sensor system circuit that is on the OEM Xenon harness or rewiring directly the Xenon circuit [which I have chosen] and this would bypass the sensor issue. I have yet to 'bench-test' my add-on circuit as I have ordered water proof plugs to splice internal lines on the new headlight wiring. I have energized the correct pins on the 16 pin plug to test the DRL's and the OEM Xenon ballast circuitry themselves to get it working. Once bench tested with my completed wiring add-on, my next step is to install the headlights and check operation of the DRL's to see how they work with: a] being "ON" w/ignition and headlights off, b] parking light switch on, c] headlights on.
And, by the way, this Dealer will NOT install these, due to the non-existing wiring circuit and components necessary to get the Xenons working, on my own truck. Unable to estimate hours labor and/or Liability issue, I believe. The Tech wanted me to return and would like to see once I completed this job.
That's it for now!
Mfz Thumbs Up

(17-10-2012 02:37am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Hello Enthusiasts:
I had done a lot of research/pre-testing before I installed and final wiring of these lights. In fact I had purchase a used pair of adaptive HID light assemblies to test on rather than possibly ruining my new pair. The testing was proven passed without harm to these "TEST" units. I am selling this used pair at a good price on this forum before I offer it on Ebay. The lights do NOT include ballasts and with no HID bulbs. The units are being sold "AS-IS" for parts ONLY as the housing on right side is cracked. These are adaptive HID pair with positioning motors in place [untested]. The DRL's are operational and the pics below are as illuminated. The projector lens on both look good. The Left housing is not damaged and appear good. I want to get $595.00usd + shipping for the PAIR. If not sold I will offer on auction at a higher price. The DRL's can be removed and installed in your Halogen Lights for that Original Equipment "SIGNATURE DRL LOOK". These are USA Spec Evoque OEM Adaptive Xenon Headlight Pair from a 2012 Prestige Model.

PM me for any questions you may have or a quote on shipping. I accept Paypal and can ship worldwide. These are FOB USA [California].

These are a good deal and if anyone has checked . . . hard to beat.

[Image: P1012199_zpse2931ebc.jpg]

[Image: P1012188_zps47d26a15.jpg]

[Image: P1012195_zps35c0aa80.jpg]

[Image: P1012198_zps83d8871b.jpg]

[Image: P1012199_zpse2931ebc.jpg]

Mfz IdeaExclamationIdea

Mildfeverz,

Amazing job. You still have these for sale?

Apparently I can't PM yet so I sent you an email.
05-03-2013 04:39pm
knight3136

(14-10-2012 04:50pm)mildfeverz Wrote:  Ohhhh man - thanks for the update but damn I wish I could figure out where I could take this to be modified. Please keep me posted if you can and the information was really helpful. Hopefully I could find someone who understands how to do something like that because you really need a variety of skills to complete this mod.

I finally completed my OEM HID/DRL conversion from Halogens. It took longer than expected . . . but it looks/operates like factory installed.

[Image: P1012177.jpg]

[Image: P1012176.jpg]

[Image: P1012175.jpg]

[Image: P1012173a.jpg]

[Image: P1012172a.jpg]

[Image: P1012168a.jpg]

MzLaughingWhistleThumbs Up
[/quote]

Can you please tell us how you were able to do this conversion? what items you purhcased besides the xenon headlights. Any pieces from xenon headlights you removed or added.
28-05-2013 01:06am
Rover15

(20-10-2012 10:05am)mildfeverz Wrote:  The DRL's on these OEM Evoque units are quite dim compared to those DRL's on the Mercedes, Audi and others. The "dip" or further dimming upon signaling does NOT happen on my mod. as I prefer. USA law does not have this requirement for me to be concerned of. The signal bulb is amber colored and upon illumination is much brighter than the DRL's more faint glow. In fact I was thinking of a way I could amplfy the voltage to the DRL's as they are hardly visible in the day light compared to the Mercedes here in the USA.

Mfz ArrowArrowArrow

Mfz - Is there any reason you chose to buy/install the EU spec assembly instead of the NA spec? Just curious if the US version wouldn't work for you for some reason when you tested them. Getting set to order my headlights and reading your post now I'm not sure if I should pick up a set from EU or not. I just want to ensure all lights power up (I'll use the 9005 HID kit I already have installed for the actual headlamps). I know I'll have to make some mods to get the LEDs to run as DRL and not just as running lights that come on w/ headlamps. Any issues you had with the NA spec? Thanks for guidance. You did a nice job.
22-07-2013 04:46am
ROVEROLOGY

Has anyone gotten the US version of the xenon headlamps with DRL angel eye rings to work in a Evoque that came with halogen headlamps? Has anyone gotten the DRLs to come on bright without the amber side light and then dip to low intensity when the running lights turn on?
I know a kit exists for the xenon headlamp bulb conversion itself but I am referring to the DRL rings and running light function as the amber side lights should not be on with the DRL rings in DRL mode. The DRL rings should be very bright before their dip function when joined by amber running lights and/or headlamps.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 12:54am by ROVEROLOGY.)
24-09-2013 03:40pm
ROVEROLOGY

I have done a conversion from US Halogen headlamp units to US Xenon Signature units on a 2013 Evoque. The DRL's come on with the ignition on and then dip to lower intensity with the running lamp function. They stay dipped with the headlamps on and all work with the auto feature. I made them as a "plug and play" setup so there is NO re-wiring of any part of the harness, no additional wiring to install, and NO re-programming of the body controller. Also, they do not yield errors on the dash. All work was done inside the headlamp units and no part of the car was modified. I have included some pics of the US version below. The first pic is what the halogen lights used to look like. The rest is after the conversion. If you have been hoping for a US conversion solution to getting the Full Brightness DRL lamps working with the ignition I have made such a unit. If anyone is interested in having this conversion done or wants more pics and information on the process, please let me know.
    Before
    Bright DRL with ignition on and running lamps and headlamps off
    Dip DRL with amber side lamp with running lights on
    Dip DRL with Xenon headlamps
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 06:47pm by ROVEROLOGY.)
30-09-2013 06:44pm
donot521

Do want!! !!
04-10-2013 02:32pm
andyisk8

Hi Roverology,
I'm inteterested on the conversion. Could you email me the detail processes and pics at andy.iskandar90@gmail.com?

Thanks!
09-10-2013 10:58am