Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Worker
Limey

Worker

Just to let you all know, as a worker at Halewood, we are doing everything we can to get your cars to you as soon as possible.
We are working lots of overtime including sats and suns, but we want the cars in perfect condition as you might expect, so please bear with us.

Obviously there will be teething problems with a new model build, but these are virtually all sorted. Production numbers are breaking records every week now and should be on full build capability very soon.

Hope you enjoy your new vehicles and would love to hear some feedback when people have had a delivery and a chance to drive them.

These are truly beautiful cars, I never get tired of seeing them. A seriously classy car, amazing styling and amazing quality, worth every penny if you ask me.
17-11-2011 06:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Worker

I'm going to put it out there - because i'm sure you're going to get this question whether its from me or someone else.

Have there been any new delays or issues relating to production?

How does the production work? Do you know where the cars go? i.e. Europe, Americas, Africa, Australia, Asia? or are the cars just built and then allocated to the different regions? cause I understand some of the parts for different regions would be different materials (more resistant to high heat etc etc). How does that work?

But the main question is - have there been any new delays?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
17-11-2011 07:03am
DDX

Worker

Limey, appreciate you coming on here. Be prepared with being bombarded with questions!!

Like chiggy, would reallylike to know of there have been further setbacks?

Furthermore, would like to know if cars are built in batches, whether be colour, trim line or body style as some people are having their cars come forward and others back?

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
17-11-2011 07:42am
DaveR

Thanks for taking time to post Limey. Much appreciated.

My build date is mid December (16 th) but delivery is due 19th Jan, so I am guessing there is a factory shutdown over Christmas?
17-11-2011 07:46am
DDX

Worker

Also, someone just posted that production will be shut down for 4 weeks once the last car rolls off. Can you confirm/deny this? Thank you

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
17-11-2011 07:50am
mark_n

(17-11-2011 07:03am)chiggy Wrote:  How does the production work? Do you know where the cars go? i.e. Europe, Americas, Africa, Australia, Asia? or are the cars just built and then allocated to the different regions? cause I understand some of the parts for different regions would be different materials (more resistant to high heat etc etc). How does that work?

From my visit to the factory, every car is built for a specific customer in a specific location and the body shells have a document stuck to them which specifies where the car is destined. For example, one car I saw was going to Costa Rica.

If production is going up, that's at odds with delivery times going out unless of course it's not going up as fast as expected.

Looking at the parts lists, the main variations are US/Canada/Mexico and Rest of World, LHD/RHD, Petrol/Diesel. LR will be trying to produce a "World Car" with as little physical variation as possible and as many legislative requirements as possible implemented in software so that the cars conforms to its target market requirements according to the software load it receives.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-11-2011 08:07am
Evoqess

Limey, in the midst of the assault of questioning - I just want to say, after 3 weeks of ownership - that the Evoque is an utter winner.
As a woman in her forties (early!) I've owned VW, Audi, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Chrysler, Subaru,Toyota, Ford, even Smart (oh boy, that's a few more than I thought!) and I rate the baby LR at the top of the list for it's iconic combination of style, function and luxury.
The Si4 engine is surprisingly spirited and more than ample (as I'm sure you know).

It has it all. Congratulate your co-workers on a stunning, world class product!
Be proud, very proud.
From a HUGE fan in Canada!! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
17-11-2011 08:15am
chiggy

(17-11-2011 08:07am)mark_n Wrote:  From my visit to the factory, every car is built for a specific customer in a specific location and the body shells have a document stuck to them which specifies where the car is destined. For example, one car I saw was going to Costa Rica.

If production is going up, that's at odds with delivery times going out unless of course it's not going up as fast as expected.

Looking at the parts lists, the main variations are US/Canada/Mexico and Rest of World, LHD/RHD, Petrol/Diesel. LR will be trying to produce a "World Car" with as little physical variation as possible and as many legislative requirements as possible implemented in software so that the cars conforms to its target market requirements according to the software load it receives.

So they aren't built in batches according to regions? or does the factory have an allocation of the number of cars built per day etc according to the different regions?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
17-11-2011 08:37am
ceebee

Worker

Limey, I fully agree. With Evoquess, I have done nearly 1000 miles in mine and it is by far the best car I have owned, so from someone who has worked on a production line himself, i would like to say well done to you guys working to get the cars built.

Also, can I just add that one of the reasons I bought the car was the fact that it was going to be built at Halewood as it would support the local economy there. We have Nissan up here in the North East and it is a huge provider of jobs and stability.

Now get off the computer and go back to work and make sure that if you do nothing else but get Mark-N's car built cos he is driving everyone mad on this forum (that is a joke Mark)

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
17-11-2011 08:51am
jos

limey !

thx for the possibility to ask ......

can you tell me at what date the production of the eD4-2wd....starts ?

jos

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
17-11-2011 09:32am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply