Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wintery weather coming so don't forget....
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wintery weather coming so don't forget....

That if your beloved Evoque lives outside at night to set the Winter Wiper Parking setting on the menu and to set the wiper stalk switch back back to manual activation from "auto-on" mode if you want to preserve your wiper blades before you tuck the car up each night. You also have the MAX switch on the fan controls on UK cars that will switch on the front and rear screen de-icers and put the cabin heater to full belt too to aid defrosting without resorting to plastic scrapers. Just one non-official precaution to prevent damage to the door seals that can freeze onto the body (I know they shouldn't but they do after wet weather then a frost) a light coating of Vaseline or even better waterproof silicone grease used on sail boats on the rubbers will stop them freezing to the door/body.

Top up the washer bottle with neat low temperature screen additive/wash will also help keep the water flowing to the washer nozzles first thing on a frosty morning.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 11:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-11-2013 11:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Wintery weather coming so don't forget....

Thanks Tim, getting cold up here in Ardnamurchan.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-11-2013 06:19am
XFullFatTim

Fishing or lost? Hope you are enjoying the quiet roads up there Mark

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-11-2013 10:06am
Kojak

Thanks....good reminder!!!

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 08:42pm by Kojak.)
18-11-2013 06:12pm
mark_n

(18-11-2013 10:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Fishing or lost? Hope you are enjoying the quiet roads up there Mark

Just on a trip, now in Tobermory on Mull. Fabulous scenery, Scottish hospitality. It may be wet and windy (couldn't get off the island yesterday because ferries cancelled due to a Force 10 gales) but the Evoque has been a wonderful travelling companion. Just threw my walking and photo gear in the back and headed off.

The roads are certainly quiet. On a 50 mile trip round the north of the island, I encountered more cows on the road than cars. Sorry to be leaving today.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-11-2013 03:06am
XFullFatTim

Mark, when you get off the ferry from Mull to Oban then instead of following the signs to Glasgow, go left and go via Balahullish / Glencoe / Rannoch Moor - it's a long route round by about 70 miles BUT the scenery is stunning in the cold clear weather we have at the moment (it's even more stunning when it's wet and misty!) The road is very very fast so watch out for speed cams but the mountains really make the run worth it. When you get to Crianlarrich you then have another hard choice - Loch Lomondside to Glasgow or through the Trossachs to Stirling (I would take the Loch Lomond road as the road south of Tarbert is fantastic)

21-11-2013 10:42am
J77

The Fl2 is all ready for winter, at least this year I have the heated steering wheel and windscreen. I'm going to pop it into the dealer for a free winter health check as part of the LR allegiance scheme.

I've got all the basics, torch, hiviz, tow rope, jackets etc

I was surprisingly skillful with the Vaseline Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-11-2013 08:19pm
XFullFatTim

5 litre cans of extra strength windscreen wash fluid is on discount at Halfords at the moment

21-11-2013 08:30pm
J77

I've got plenty in the shed. Couple of cans of de-icer won't go a miss though.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-11-2013 08:56pm
PhilSkill

Silicon sprayed the top seals on the doors, as already stuck once and only had 1 frost so far!

Hardest one is remembering to turn off auto wipers if youve used them, especially if it stopped raining before you stopped as you forget its on!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-11-2013 01:14am