Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows don't go up together?
JonBoy1889

Windows don't go up together?

Does anyone else find that when you try and close both front windows at the same time, only one closes? (my theory is that the computer is unable to deal with 2 instructions at the same time Wink ) answer... click one closed and then a millisecond later click the other Wink
08-05-2014 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Windows don't go up together?

They do if you use the global closing on the fob of a 2014MY car - in fact all 4 will close together if they are all open on a 5 door version.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 07:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-05-2014 07:56pm
RacingSnake

(08-05-2014 07:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They do if you use the global closing on the fob of a 2014MY car
Do you have a different fob? or is this the same global closing (and opening) on the MY13 and MY12 cars?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-05-2014 08:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

Global opening and closing is the same on MY14, MY13 and MY12 vehicles. In fact it is the same on any Land Rover/Range Rover vehicle with a similar style key fob and also on most vehicles with the older style fobs. Just need to ensure that Global opening and closing is enabled in the vehicle set up menu.
08-05-2014 08:24pm
speary

If I lift both switches at the same time, both windows close

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
09-05-2014 01:52pm
m_101

yeah mine (my12) closes any 2 at the same time when opened. never used global close, going to try that this afternoon!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-05-2014 02:58pm
benzina

(08-05-2014 08:24pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Global opening and closing is the same on MY14, MY13 and MY12 vehicles. In fact it is the same on any Land Rover/Range Rover vehicle with a similar style key fob and also on most vehicles with the older style fobs. Just need to ensure that Global opening and closing is enabled in the vehicle set up menu.

GLOBAL OPENING & CLOSING
I went to try out my global opening/closing after forgetting that i actually had this feature, but while the opening works, the closing does not.
Did as it says and I press the key fob for more than 3 seconds, but it doesn't work.
I tried to find this function in the settings menu but it doesn't appear to be there. The owners manual only talks about the key fob 3 second activation on the button, and i can't find anything in the manual about global opening/closing in the settings menu.

Can you please enlighten me on this, as now that summer is coming on, i really want this feature to fully work. So please remember it's just the closing. Thanks.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 10:28am by benzina.)
02-10-2014 07:01am
Wagstafari

I concur it does not work for me either on my 2013 Dynamic (closing that is...)Shocked

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
03-10-2014 01:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

K thanks Wag, yep i went to the dealership today, and they confirmed the global closing does not operate in Australian, US, and Middle East markets for safety regulations,and they can't activate it.. Damb those safety regs! They must be worried about little Johnny getting his head stuck in the window.

Ah well, looks like its only global opening, unless someone can reveal an easy activation trick.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 10:56am by benzina.)
03-10-2014 10:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm sure that if you went to a 3rd party non-Franchise LR outlet they would be able to access the set-up and activate it for you. Seems odd that it isn't activated for market reasons, in Europe we are supposed to have "anti-trap" mechanisms so that if the motor senses an obstruction preventing a window from closing, the window will re-open.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 11:07am by XFullFatTim.)
03-10-2014 11:07am