Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Window washer fluid level sensor
Fickenhell

Window washer fluid level sensor

Hi
Can anyone answer this? I had my evoque in for a new parcel shelf and some other warranty work, I asked if they could fix the issue with the low window washer fluid as it doesn't come on and a bit of a pain when winter driving especially behind dirty trucks, after reminding them a few times there answer was it doesn't have a low warning, so finding this hard to believe I did a search and came across spare parts from jaguar and lo and behold they make spare parts for low washer fluid sensor http://www.jaguarmerriamparts.com/parts/...l%20sensor

I believe it's a nightmare job to get to the washer bottle, would this be why they fobbed me off or am I confused.com???

Laughing
I'll make this easier!

Dear fellow evoque owners does a low window washer fluid light come on in your evoque when fluids low ????
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:48pm by Fickenhell.)
03-05-2013 05:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bodlyfunctions

RE: Window washer fluid level sensor

They are telling you porky-pies. There is a low washer level warning.
Mine came on the other day
03-05-2013 06:09pm
Fickenhell

(03-05-2013 06:09pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  They are telling you porky-pies. There is a low washer level warning.
Mine came on the other day

Thanks for the reply Very Happy

I thought as much, name and shame : town and county Aberdeen, Karen
Pretty hacked off at them as I put the car in Monday for a parcel shelf recall and replace rear lettering as it was all cock eyed, just managed to get the car back today after threatening to report it stolen and when it came back the interior was covered in oil stains and grease, it's a white interior and I requested if they did work inside the car that they removed there oily overalls and wash their oily hands, that fell on deaf ears and it has its me £160 on taxis to and from work as was promised a same day turn around.and loads more problems caused by them.

Called head office etc etc but they wernt interested, so going to put them on the spot by going to there showroom on a busy day and (politely) loudly air the issues as they seem to listen that way.

Twisted Evil
Any idea where the fuse is for the low level light as the manuals very vague ?
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:12pm by Fickenhell.)
03-05-2013 06:56pm
Kojak

Before you go all guns blazing.....I'm not convinced.
I want to be.... but can find no reference to it in the manual except to check it weekly.

Maybe some models have it ?

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 09:37pm by Kojak.)
03-05-2013 09:19pm
cjfp

There is a post here already on this ..... somewhere

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-05-2013 09:54pm
IKM

(03-05-2013 06:56pm)Fickenhell Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Very Happy

I thought as much, name and shame : town and county Aberdeen, Karen
Pretty hacked off at them as I put the car in Monday for a parcel shelf recall and replace rear lettering as it was all cock eyed, just managed to get the car back today after threatening to report it stolen and when it came back the interior was covered in oil stains and grease, it's a white interior and I requested if they did work inside the car that they removed there oily overalls and wash their oily hands, that fell on deaf ears and it has its me £160 on taxis to and from work as was promised a same day turn around.and loads more problems caused by them.

Called head office etc etc but they wernt interested, so going to put them on the spot by going to there showroom on a busy day and (politely) loudly air the issues as they seem to listen that way.

Twisted Evil
Any idea where the fuse is for the low level light as the manuals very vague ?

Yup, that's my dealer too. Now Peter Vardy..... I wonder how long we'll have to put up with this level of service before LR take note!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 10:38pm by IKM.)
03-05-2013 10:08pm
screamingdead

Do you have headlamp washers?

I think there are two sizes of washer bottle, large one is fitted to cars with headlamp washers and includes level sensor, small one fitted to cars without headlamp washers and does not include sensor.

Regards

SD
03-05-2013 10:40pm
Fickenhell

(03-05-2013 10:08pm)IKM Wrote:  Yup, that's my dealer too. Now Peter Vardy..... I wonder how long we'll have to put up with this level of service before LR take note!

I'll be going to frank Ogg now as they even pick your car up and drop it off when booking in for a service, I had my fill with town and county a few years back with my disco 3 and I thought I'd see if Peter Vardy was better... Bed move their worse Sad
(03-05-2013 10:40pm)screamingdead Wrote:  Do you have headlamp washers?

I think there are two sizes of washer bottle, large one is fitted to cars with headlamp washers and includes level sensor, small one fitted to cars without headlamp washers and does not include sensor.

Regards

SD

Nope no headlight washers as just projector lights, can you defo confirm that non headlight washer ones have no sensor?

(03-05-2013 09:19pm)Kojak Wrote:  Before you go all guns blazing.....I'm not convinced.
I want to be.... but can find no reference to it in the manual except to check it weekly.

Maybe some models have it ?

I'll be going guns blazing for the other things
, I.e getting my car back Monday NOT Thursday Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 10:51pm by Fickenhell.)
03-05-2013 10:47pm
eddkawasaki

Aye thats prety much the same level of service i recieved from them when i went in to see about the Paint defect on my wing. I did not catch the womans name but she just said "we do not deal with paintwork here, you need to take it to kinghorn". Did not even have a look or anything. unfortunately for me i'm tied into the service deal there Sad I think it might be time we collectively had a word with LR customer services.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
04-05-2013 06:28am
xxxx5

this is one of the main reasons why i decide to sell my Evoque, the customer services of the dealers is appalling, they just dont give a toss.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-05-2013 06:54am