Prestige
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why the prestige over the pure?
WB
WB

Why the prestige over the pure?

My dealer claims that 95% of his orders are Prestige or Dynamic models and is basically advising me to steer clear of the Pure.

I'm in two minds between Pure and Prestige.

While I fully appreciate the differences with the Dynamic I'm struggling a bit to see why I'd order a Prestige over a Pure other than on colour choices for the interior. I'm probably going for Cirrus or Black so thats not an issue for me.

When I spec my options there is about £5100 uplift for the Prestige and while I agree the leather is nicer I'd put no more than £500 value on it.

My spec is 5 dr Pure SD4 Auto (£31315) + metallic (£550) + Panoramic (£460) + Style 4 wheels (£450) + tech pack (£1900) + front fogs (£205) = £34880.

The 5 dr Prestige SD4 Auto base price is (£38,990) and I don't think there are any options I'd add to it.

So apart from the nicer leather and leather on the dash upper - what other features are leading you to the prestige?
07-07-2011 12:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HA54SYM

RE: Why the prestige over the pure?

(07-07-2011 12:37pm)wbessada Wrote:  My dealer claims that 95% of his orders are Prestige or Dynamic models and is basically advising me to steer clear of the Pure.

While I fully appreciate the differences with the Dynamic I'm struggling a bit to see why I'd order a Prestige over a Pure other than on colour choices for the interior. I'm probably going for Cirrus or Black so thats not an issue for me.

When I spec my options there is about £5100 uplift for the Prestige and while I agree the leather is nicer I'd put no more than £500 value on it.

My spec is 5 dr Pure SD4 Auto (£31315) + metallic (£550) + Panoramic (£460) + Style 4 wheels (£450) + tech pack (£1900) + front fogs (£205) = £34880.

The 5 dr Prestige SD4 Auto base price is (£38,990) and I don't think there are any options I'd add to it.

So apart from the nicer leather and leather on the dash upper - what other features are leading you to the prestige?

Similar here too, I'm looking at a Pure with most of the options ticked, but don't see apart from slightly better leather (which I don't like leather at all really would rather have an half Alacantara (spelling!) option) and the additional bling bright chrome strips rather than the more subtle grey strips on the Pure I can't see why you would. The base wheels on the prestige are also not as nice as the Pure ones!

Only feature I'd really like to have on the Pure is the opptional roof colour, but you could get a wrap for this.

Dave
07-07-2011 12:57pm
WB
WB

(07-07-2011 12:57pm)HA54SYM Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 12:37pm)wbessada Wrote:  My dealer claims that 95% of his orders are Prestige or Dynamic models and is basically advising me to steer clear of the Pure.

Similar here too, I'm looking at a Pure with most of the options ticked, but don't see apart from slightly better leather (which I don't like leather at all really would rather have an half Alacantara (spelling!) option) and the additional bling bright chrome strips rather than the more subtle grey strips on the Pure I can't see why you would. The base wheels on the prestige are also not as nice as the Pure ones!

Only feature I'd really like to have on the Pure is the opptional roof colour, but you could get a wrap for this.

Dave

Yes the contrast roof is an interesting point - the contrast roof is £500 on its own and the pano roof is £460. YET it costs £960 for a pano contrast roof! So the same £500 to paint the whole roof in contrast and to just paint the edges around a pano roof!
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 01:04pm by WB.)
07-07-2011 01:01pm
caroline11000

I went for Pure & with all the extras I have added on will be just under 5k cheaper than had I chosen a Prestige. I couldn't justify spending the extra to have a Prestige.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
07-07-2011 01:18pm
SW6RR

We talked about this months ago and a couple of us worked out what the real difference in price was. Can anyone remember the thread?

Basically, if you're not keen on some of the Prestige options which are fitted as standard and you're torn between a Prestige and a Pure, chances are you're much better off with a Pure.

If, however, you do want to spec your Pure up with every Prestige standard option, the difference is smaller financially (something like £2k is sticking in my head, I think that's ball park). This is the amount you're paying for the nicer interior and the nicer exterior finishing (depending on your taste of course).

People who have gone for Prestige seem to want all or most of the standard Prestige options and that has lead the decision.

I would have a Dynamic myself, apart from the fact that the interiors are rubbish (deliberately inflammatory, wink wink Wink ), so I have gone with a Prestige.
07-07-2011 01:25pm
cjfp

(07-07-2011 01:25pm)SW6RR Wrote:  I would have a Dynamic myself, apart from the fact that the interiors are rubbish (deliberately inflammatory, wink wink Wink ), so I have gone with a Prestige.

That's only so you can do your hair in the nice shiny edging around the window !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-07-2011 03:44pm
SW6RR

Christ - did you see me doing that at the live event...?? Smile)
07-07-2011 03:44pm
doug

I work for a large manufacturer (not cars) & it's allways the same, you start with a basic product, it sales well, so you had a few bells & whistles & charge twice the amount. public buy in to that.
The same goes for cars. Thats why all Rangerovers are HSE.

As it's been said before, a loaded up Pure is £3500 cheaper than a Prestige. But without electric seats & better leather.

I guess it's all down to the badge on the back of your new car (£3.49)......

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-07-2011 03:45pm
WB
WB

(07-07-2011 03:45pm)doug Wrote:  I work for a large manufacturer (not cars) & it's allways the same, you start with a basic product, it sales well, so you had a few bells & whistles & charge twice the amount. public buy in to that.
The same goes for cars. Thats why all Rangerovers are HSE.

As it's been said before, a loaded up Pure is £3500 cheaper than a Prestige. But without electric seats & better leather.

I guess it's all down to the badge on the back of your new car (£3.49)......

Is there a different badge? I hadn't noticed!

I see you've gone for Orkney which is my current thinking - have you seen any decent photos of it on the Evoque?
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 04:09pm by WB.)
07-07-2011 03:57pm
DJ2Tall

But do we all agree that the Dynamic is worth the extra over the Pure fully loaded (about £4,400) for the Magnaride, Body Styling, Keyless, Park Assist, Surround Camera and 20" rims?
07-07-2011 04:02pm