Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?
HotLap

Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?

Would like to connect with the owner about his mods, thx!!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
17-03-2015 02:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
donot521

RE: Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?

The exhaust mod?
I believed they are aftermarket welded on
17-03-2015 07:08am
Sarcastrix

Checkout this thread, it's Lionhead's car.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Tips?page=3

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
17-03-2015 10:38am
LIONHEAD

That is my car. If you're looking for the exhaust tips mod, Sarcastrix has the link.

My car has changed alittle since that pic 3 years ago. The tips has held up and still looks good.
[Image: e5b_zpsbfbabaht.jpg]

Here's EvoqueBliss Fuji white with the same tips.
[Image: e5a_zpsfb5ynrgh.jpg]
17-03-2015 08:39pm
Evo-king

Lionhead, I'm not usually in favour of changing a car too much from the original spec.

But I have to admit your car looks excellent.

I'm guessing the climate is pretty good where you are as well.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-03-2015 08:59pm
LIONHEAD

Thanks Evo-king. Just wanted to make it alittle more sporty and look more like the black design pack. We've had a pretty cold winter here in Chicago especially in the month of February. Last few days has been milder. Alot of the sports cars and bikes has been out. EvoqueBliss stopped by this afternoon with his Evoque and so I thought I'd take a pic to post on the forum.
17-03-2015 09:18pm
HotLap

First thanks guys for hooking me up with Lionhead!

Lionhead, that looks great, not sure which I like better the original modded look or the blackout look, they both look great. How's' the paint adhesion holding up on the skid plate and bumper areas? Much chipping/flaking? Also did you have the BS apply a gloss coat to the areas you had painted?

I may end up doing something "in between" your two looks, SS skid plates with the gloss black bull bars. Were the front and rear bumper fascia's difficult for the BS to remove...that's the key to painting these areas properly, I think. Would also like to black out that lower front radiator grill that is so visible behind the lower bumper area.

Finally I noticed you "rebadged" the rear lift gate, I just debadged mine last night - much cleaner look, but I do like the red Evoque badging. Did you replace the green LR badge with a black insert...looks like it?

17-03-2015 09:58pm
LIONHEAD

Hotlap: The rear diffusor is painted and it's been holding up with no problems. The rear U bar, I had it vinyl wrapped. I had to bring it in last year for a touchup as part of the vinyl was peeling off (very small portion) from our cold winter last year. The shop did say it was harder to install because of the textured plastic. EvoqueBliss had a harder time with vinyl wrap and decided to just paint the U bar.

I did remove the Land Rover oval badge for awhile but then I found a black Range Rover oval badge online and decided to install it.

With the rear U bar wrapped and diffuser painted, I did the same in the front to match.

[Image: f1af1_zpsqaz4tvnm.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 03:16pm by LIONHEAD.)
18-03-2015 03:12pm
HotLap

Lionhead, thx, appreciate the info and your Evoque looks sweet. I bet there are places that vinyl wrap here in SoCal as well. Seems that process would hold up much better than paint (especially in the front where it chips more easily from debris). Sorry to be asking so many questions, but, I went into a shop yesterday and asked about installing the Magnaflow tips like yours. He said the 4" OD was going to be a tight fit and he would have to lower the tips a bit to fit them (which makes sense). But I don't want them pointing down if that makes sense? Yours look great in the pics, but hard to tell, they aren't pointing down are they?

Also, I really am going to have to change out the 19" wheels for 20" wheels...but can't find any reasonable priced OEM takeoffs. You look to have aftermarket wheels...what brand and were you able to get close to the OEM 20" offset so as not to impact handling or have wheels sticking out and debris nicking the paint?

Cheers and if you are ever in SoCal I owe you a beer!!

(18-03-2015 03:12pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Hotlap: The rear diffusor is painted and it's been holding up with no problems. The rear U bar, I had it vinyl wrapped. I had to bring it in last year for a touchup as part of the vinyl was peeling off (very small portion) from our cold winter last year. The shop did say it was harder to install because of the textured plastic. EvoqueBliss had a harder time with vinyl wrap and decided to just paint the U bar.

I did remove the Land Rover oval badge for awhile but then I found a black Range Rover oval badge online and decided to install it.

With the rear U bar wrapped and diffuser painted, I did the same in the front to match.

Lionhead, thx, appreciate the info and your Evoque looks sweet. I bet there are places that vinyl wrap here in SoCal as well. Seems that process would hold up much better than paint (especially in the front where it chips more easily from debris). Sorry to be asking so many questions, but, I went into a shop yesterday and asked about installing the Magnaflow tips like yours. He said the 4" OD was going to be a tight fit and he would have to lower the tips a bit to fit them (which makes sense). But I don't want them pointing down if that makes sense? Yours look great in the pics, but hard to tell, they aren't pointing down are they?

Also, I really am going to have to change out the 19" wheels for 20" wheels...but can't find any reasonable priced OEM takeoffs. You look to have aftermarket wheels...what brand and were you able to get close to the OEM 20" offset so as not to impact handling or have wheels sticking out and debris nicking the paint?

Cheers and if you are ever in SoCal I owe you a beer!!

(18-03-2015 03:12pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Hotlap: The rear diffusor is painted and it's been holding up with no problems. The rear U bar, I had it vinyl wrapped. I had to bring it in last year for a touchup as part of the vinyl was peeling off (very small portion) from our cold winter last year. The shop did say it was harder to install because of the textured plastic. EvoqueBliss had a harder time with vinyl wrap and decided to just paint the U bar.

All apologize for the above "double post" I went back and tried to edit it but it was either delete the whole post or leave as is...I'm lazy so leaving as is Smile

(This post was last modified: 20-03-2015 02:19am by HotLap.)
20-03-2015 02:00am
LIONHEAD

HotLap: It's been a couple of years and I don't recall if my shop adjusted the exhausts to fit the tips straight without pointing downward. I know my shop took different pics of how far I wanted the tips to stick out but that would be more on how much to cut the pipe to weld the new tips. EvoqueBliss had his done last year at a different shop and I don't remember him saying his shop had to adjust the exhaust either but I'll ask him and let you know. As for wheels, I went with Rennen. I might have been able to go alittle wider but my wheel guy told me just to be safe to go with the same size as the 20" wheels that is an option on the Evoque which I believe is 20x9. I didn't want it to stick out past the wheel well.

Thanks and if you're ever in the Chi-Town let me know.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2015 06:47am by LIONHEAD.)
22-03-2015 06:40am