Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which model
Ianpembs

RE: Which model

(12-03-2012 01:52pm)QueJumper Wrote:  The bottom front apron on my Dynamic is already flaking paint and that's just from stone chips not off roading.

Personally I don't think the magnaride shocks are that great either. I prefer the handling in 'standard' mode.

I'm going to need a 5dr soon so will sell my 3dr Dynamic and my next one will be a 5dr Prestige with Lux pack. The only thing I noticed wrong was that you can't spec a black roof only silver? The black means that the pano roof looks all in one on the black contrast roof.

Thanks very much QueJumper for your info. Its helped a lot in my choice just spent a day test driving. All models are great and decided to get one, I preferred the leather in the Dynamic but was worried about the shallower approach angle and your report pushed me towards prestige or spec,d up Pure, I found the normal suspension on these more than adequate for my type of driving.
Also thanks to others wrt lights etc it definitely helped in my decision and the dealer informed me that Xenon lights are not an issue on the Pure and are available. Just colour to choose.
One thing I did find useful which I thought I would not was the rear camera probably a plus with the small rear window. Thanks again all will let you know on final decision.
12-03-2012 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QueJumper

Which model

Rear camera definitely worth it for the reason you say - the rear window view is tiny.

Xenons a must have for me now - my last 4 cars have had them and standard lights just look dim now. Adaptive is nice to have but not as essential as the Xenons themselves.

Pano roof is great too - even more so for rear passengers. Makes the whole car tardis like...so bigger on the inside than you think!

The 825 w Meridian sound system is awesome if you have a decent music source eg lossless audio from an iPod. Can't comment on the standard system as not heard it properly.

I wasn't convinced about Lux pack but as it gives you all the above and more it is a great option. But cherry picking the items that mean more to you could save a fair amount too. I think Lux pack will make it back on residuals though. ..especially on higher value Dynamic or Presteige models less so on Pure.

Right now though any Evoque is a good one to have. I picked mine up ex stock in a dealer brand new delivery mileage only so always worth a call round to see what's out there unless you really want to spec and wait and wait and wait.

Cheers

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 11:28pm by QueJumper.)
13-03-2012 11:19pm
Ianpembs

(13-03-2012 11:19pm)QueJumper Wrote:  Rear camera definitely worth it.

Decision made ordered a SD4 Manual Prestige OG, Element interior, style 4 wheels, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, auto dipping rear view mirror. Mud flaps.
13-03-2012 11:29pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 11:29pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Decision made ordered a SD4 Manual Prestige OG, Element interior, style 4 wheels, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, auto dipping rear view mirror. Mud flaps.

Good choice! I think they should stop selling OG now as everyone is going with itLaughing

Not sure about the mudflaps I think they ruin the look of the car!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-03-2012 11:55pm
Ianpembs

(13-03-2012 11:55pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Good choice! I think they should stop selling OG now as everyone is going with itLaughing

Not sure about the mudflaps I think they ruin the look of the car!

Agree they can stop them now (OG) my orders in.
My thoughts on the mud flaps also not fully convinced but they a dealer fit so time to cancel was going to wait til first service see if they be of use. What colour interior are you going for as a bit concerned Element a bit on the light side.
14-03-2012 12:09am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The local council are currently shovelling tar covered gravel into pot-holes in the roads around here and I'm beginning to wish I had had mud flaps fitted to reduce the amount of tar spots that seem to get sprayed up both sides and the rear of the car. Would much rather have to look at the mud flaps than large spots of tar up the sides of the car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-03-2012 11:14am
Wired

(14-03-2012 11:14am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The local council are currently shovelling tar covered gravel into pot-holes in the roads around here and I'm beginning to wish I had had mud flaps fitted to reduce the amount of tar spots that seem to get sprayed up both sides and the rear of the car. Would much rather have to look at the mud flaps than large spots of tar up the sides of the car.

Yea, they do that in spain to. Going to think about flaps to.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
14-03-2012 11:29am
PhilSkill

Mud flaps help but I have them and have still had to de-tar once already, amazing how it gets everywhere! And that's without them bothering to repair the roads...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-03-2012 03:23pm
ojonesyo

(12-03-2012 08:30pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Glad you have done your homework and made informed choices. I live near Tenby and wonder if you have ordered yours from Aberystwyth or Swansea? I could not have had more different welcomes from these dealers. I should get my SD4 Prestige 5 door auto, LUX, along with headlamp assist, spare wheel, towing kit, etc in Havana with tan interior in late June. Happy motoring!

Thanks very much QueJumper for your info. Its helped a lot in my choice just spent a day test driving. All models are great and decided to get one, I preferred the leather in the Dynamic but was worried about the shallower approach angle and your report pushed me towards prestige or spec,d up Pure, I found the normal suspension on these more than adequate for my type of driving.
Also thanks to others wrt lights etc it definitely helped in my decision and the dealer informed me that Xenon lights are not an issue on the Pure and are available. Just colour to choose.
One thing I did find useful which I thought I would not was the rear camera probably a plus with the small rear window. Thanks again all will let you know on final decision.
16-03-2012 10:31pm
Ianpembs

Hi jonesy Im still doing my homework as lots of choice and they all look great I do like the Havana and still thinking of it just a bit of a coward in that I did not want to commit to a colour I had not seen. I was wondering if it more biased towards brown or grey, I eventually ordered from Aberystwyth after visiting both. Mine is due around July time so just a few things to fine tune. I live near Milford Haven so will keep my eyes open in June when South of the river Enjoy it when it comes .
17-03-2012 02:41am