Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is my invite?
Biker

Where is my invite?

How does one get on the invite list for this adventure?
My german is not the best but here goes: Bitte rufen Sie mich an für die nächste Reise

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
29-04-2012 10:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Where is my invite?

It means: please call me to learn about the next trip...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
29-04-2012 11:40am
Biker

RE: Where is my invite?

KimV - it was meant for the people in Germany, asking them to call me next time they plan such an outing.
I think they forgot to send me the invite for the event showed in the video ;-(

29-04-2012 02:13pm
Kimv

Where is my invite?

(29-04-2012 02:13pm)Biker Wrote:  KimV - it was meant for the people in Germany, asking them to call me next time they plan such an outing.
I think they forgot to send me the invite for the event showed in the video ;-(

Ah, sorry! Good luck with it then!

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
29-04-2012 02:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The event shown in the video was the special run organised to celebrate the 1,000,000th Disco coming off the production line at Solihull. A selection of Land Rovers and Range Rovers have driven parts of the route to Beijing to celebrate - IIRC 4 Disco4's have driven the whole way from Solihull to Beijing. The 1,000,000th Disco off the line didn't do the drive all the way - it turned off the M40 at J13 and went straight into the BMHC collection IIRC or has gone to the Dunsfold collection. The disco's were Russian Spec with 5litre V8 petrol engines and will be delivered to new owners after the motor show - Diesels couldn't be used because the quality of diesel in more remote parts of the world isn't good enough for LR's modern engines! Strange that Toyota can build totally reliable diesels that run anywhere in the world.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 06:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2012 06:56pm
Donny Dog

(29-04-2012 06:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The event shown in the video was the special run organised to celebrate the 1,000,000th Disco coming off the production line at Solihull. A selection of Land Rovers and Range Rovers have driven parts of the route to Beijing to celebrate - IIRC 4 Disco4's have driven the whole way from Solihull to Beijing. The 1,000,000th Disco off the line didn't do the drive all the way - it turned off the M40 at J13 and went straight into the BMHC collection IIRC or has gone to the Dunsfold collection. The disco's were Russian Spec with 5litre V8 petrol engines and will be delivered to new owners after the motor show - Diesels couldn't be used because the quality of diesel in more remote parts of the world isn't good enough for LR's modern engines! Strange that Toyota can build totally reliable diesels that run anywhere in the world.

Look, if you don't know any details, just say so! WinkWink
29-04-2012 07:27pm
XFullFatTim

Sorry I don't know if they were running Pirellis or Crapintental tyres!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-04-2012 07:28pm
Donny Dog

(29-04-2012 07:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry I don't know if they were running Pirellis or Crapintental tyres!

Tut, tut.....you're losing your edge!Laughing
29-04-2012 07:35pm
Biker

I know Land Rover also did a celebratory stunt (for whatever reason) in Australia by crossing the simpson dessert.
No-one wanted to drive the Freelander, but the irony wasn't lost on me when I discovered the FL was the only one NOT getting stuck.

29-04-2012 11:15pm
XFullFatTim

Biker when I had a Freelander1 I went softroading for the first time. First event I arrived to find the sign-on area was on the far side of a field that had become a swamp after 3 days of rain, Defenders and Disco1's on MTR's were up to their wheel arches in the mud and the marshall on the gate egging me on to "just drive across with your foot hard to the floor and don't ease up until you get to the hard ground on the other side..................." I wasn't so confident with my little car on mud&snow tyres but I need not have worried, I followed the instruction and just hammered it's poor little BMW engine, command shift locked into 2nd gear and we just "floated" across the mud, Traction Control and the Viscous coupling doing their job of sending the power to the wheels with the most grip. The organisers made me do it another twice just to show that the Freely1 wasn't just another hairdressers SUV as all the big boy with their tricked up toys thought. In the years since I have also learned never to sneer at Suzuki SJ's and Daihatsu 4Trac's - they are all very competent off road cars that are also classed as hairdresser SUV's.

30-04-2012 09:15am